Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

estimated removal date and date of first delinquency

tag
ak129132
Established Member

estimated removal date and date of first delinquency

Hi everyone,

I recently paid a collection which popped up on my credit report. I looked at it more closely and it says that it will be removed next year (2014 on TU) and the DOFD was (2007) on Equifax.

Will the dates on it change given that I have now paid it off?

Thanks again

AK

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: estimated removal date and date of first delinquency

No, paid or unpaid, it will still be removed on the original date shown on your CR.

Message 2 of 11
ak129132
Established Member

Hi guiness,

Thank you for your reply. One last point,

Does the "Date Assigned" and the "Date Updated" matter? The "date assigned" is in 2009 and the date updated is Sep 2013. I am bit worried that I might have harmed myself by paying it instead of letting it automatically disappear.

Thanks

AK

Message 3 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Date assigned is the date the CA acquired the debt from the creditor.

Date updated is the date it was last updated with the CRAs.  This can potentially hurt your score if it has not updated in a while.  It updates with a current date making it appear new and will drop your score.

Message 4 of 11
ak129132
Established Member

Ah, that explains why my score dropped a 100 points. Is that legal and does it still mean it will disappear based on DOFD?

Thanks so much!

AK

Message 5 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 11
ak129132
Established Member

Hi everyone,

I talked to experian today and they said that they update the credit reports as soon as they get new information from the crediters, CAs etc. I had a CA send me a letter last week saying that they had already asked the creditors to delete an account on my credit report.

Clearly, there is an inconsistency with their statements. Is there anything I can do now? In your experience do you think what Experian is saying is true?

Thank you all,

AK

Message 7 of 11
fot1
Established Contributor

@ak129132 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I talked to experian today and they said that they update the credit reports as soon as they get new information from the crediters, CAs etc. I had a CA send me a letter last week saying that they had already asked the creditors to delete an account on my credit report.

Clearly, there is an inconsistency with their statements. Is there anything I can do now? In your experience do you think what Experian is saying is true?

Thank you all,

AK

The CA can ask.. but unless you have something from the  creditor saying they would delete, you have no real recourse to get deleted  other then Goodwill...

Too many to list..
Message 8 of 11
ak129132
Established Member

Hi

The CA is the onl y firm being reported on my credit report. When I paid the bill, he sent me an email and document saying they requested the companies to delete. Can this be used for any legal recourse if they do not?

Thank you so much.

AK

Message 9 of 11
JT44
Valued Member

You still need to dispute it with EQ. I know, total pain in the ass. I just had to do it. I had a letter from the CA saying everything was PIF and that the collections should be removed. The CA even sent it to EQ. Sent the letter, called them, everything. Never came off my CR. Then. I called EQ again and asked **bleep** and they said I still had to dispute it to open up the case. That triggers them to look into it. Total pain in the ass. And it took 3 months... :-/
Started a little over a year ago: LOW 500's

Now as of /20/13: FICO EX: 709 TU: 706 EQ: 682
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.