Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expectations?

tag
corymhoward
Valued Member

expectations?

My scores are in the tank. I have 4 collection accounts that equal up to around 1500 all together. I intend to pay them off and my hopes are that I get PFD's on all of them. What kind of increase should I expect if they all fall off as I hope. all the accounts are relatively new.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: expectations?

@corymhoward wrote:
My scores are in the tank. I have 4 collection accounts that equal up to around 1500 all together. I intend to pay them off and my hopes are that I get PFD's on all of them. What kind of increase should I expect if they all fall off as I hope. all the accounts are relatively new.

You would be able to expect a good increase if you could get rid of them, I had 2 collections showing on my report when I started my credit repair journey and for each one removed I think it made my score jump up 30-40pts. Your case could be different though as I am sure our overall credit profiles are different. Do your best to get the PFD, but if all else fails (give several attempts, don't give up on the first no) paying them would at least get them to stop reporting as open and it would get rid of the balance and that would help your score as well, but focus now on the PFDs. I wish you the best luck.

Message 2 of 6
corymhoward
Valued Member

Thank you I will try to post detailed updates......plan on starting tomorrow
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Another way to go after CAs is to see if the OC will recall the collector in exchange for full payment, if they do this then the CA TL is removed as they no longer have authority to collect on the OCs behalf.

Message 4 of 6
corymhoward
Valued Member

And that is definitely worth trying!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my score jump up by about 30 points after 3 collection TL's were deleted in one single dispute. 1 TL was near the reporting SOL so it probably didn't matter much but the other two were about 3 years old. Your score may see a bigger jump if they TL are more recent.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.