cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

experience with Comcast of CA (San Fran)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

experience with Comcast of CA (San Fran)

I forgot to return my old cable box in 2008, and Comcast sent it to a CA (Credit Protection Assoc). I returned the box to Comcast and got a PIF letter from the CA. I want to get the CA to stop reporting.

When I contacted Comcast and asked them to call the debt back from the CA and instruct them to stop reporting, Comcast told me to fax a request to their collections group, which I did (a nice simple letter). I followed up a couple of days later, and it was clear that the cust. svc. rep didn't quite understand what I want. But every time I call Comcast, they say there's *no way* to talk to anyone in their collections dept directly.

Does anybody have any experience with Comcast in Cali.? Is my best course of action to keep following up with Comcast or should I GW the CA instead?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: experience with Comcast of CA (San Fran)

They would have to prove you owe the debt which you would not because you already paid the OC.
Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid Comcast directly.
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the idea would be that the CA shouldn't have the debt any more and therefore won't be able to verify it? At that point, they would be required to delete, yes?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They would have to prove you owe the debt which you would not because you already paid the OC.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.