Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fall off date

tag
QFJFKSYD
Valued Member

Re: fall off date

@Libra85 wrote:

I too have been getting items removed from my credit reports and EQ usually doesn't delete no more than 30DAYS before actual deletion date. Transunion has deleted everything just ask. LOL I usually call late night foreign call center.Smiley Tongue I have had 14 items deleted from TU in the last 30days. Experian will deleted 4-5 months early. 

Hi Libra.  Are you saying Experian will almost always delete a bad account 4-5 months before it is due to fall off (their predicted date) if I just ask?

Any advise on wording of question?  *ETA* I see your follow up replies.  Thank you for the information.  I will try this.

I'm in the final 3-4 months of 3 bad accts tied to my BK13 and i'd love to make them go away early if I can.

Message 51 of 70
Libra85
Regular Contributor

@QFJFKSYD wrote:

@Libra85 wrote:

I too have been getting items removed from my credit reports and EQ usually doesn't delete no more than 30DAYS before actual deletion date. Transunion has deleted everything just ask. LOL I usually call late night foreign call center.Smiley Tongue I have had 14 items deleted from TU in the last 30days. Experian will deleted 4-5 months early. 

Hi Libra.  Are you saying Experian will almost always delete a bad account 4-5 months before it is due to fall off (their predicted date) if I just ask?

Any advise on wording of question?  *ETA* I see your follow up replies.  Thank you for the information.  I will try this.

I'm in the final 3-4 months of 3 bad accts tied to my BK13 and i'd love to make them go away early if I can.

Yes, thats what I'm saying. I started off with 11 negative accounts on Experian. I am down to 1 negative scheduled to come off in August. I will call back next month and request for early deletion.  Just say you have some accounts scheduled to come off your CR within the next few months and you wanted to know if them items are eligilble for early deletion/removal..

October 2021
Message 52 of 70
QFJFKSYD
Valued Member

@Libra85 wrote:

Yes, thats what I'm saying. I started off with 11 negative accounts on Experian. I am down to 1 negative scheduled to come off in August. I will call back next month and request for early deletion.  Just say you have some accounts scheduled to come off your CR within the next few months and you wanted to know if them items are eligilble for early deletion/removal..

Thank you.

I just tried TU.  I was told they'll fall off in 2 months anyway and there is nothing they can do.

It did lead me to find a bad report on my 3rd where they think they should keep it until 2016 even though it was include in the same BK13 and closed in 07, they say it was closed in 09.  So i did dispute that.

Message 53 of 70
duckster
Contributor

Success!

I called TU on sunday 2/16 and spoke with a call center person with a heavy accent.  He told me he would dispute the accounts I requested for early termination and 5 out of the 6 accounts were deleted within 3 days.  The account that wasn't deleted was scheduled to fall off way out in sept 14.  All others were scheduled to fall off in July and Aug.  I'll try again for the last account in a month since it should be in the 6 month range.  Score jumped from 647 walmart TU to 725 lender pull for a car loan.

Equifax shot me down on early deletion and I had to buy a report to even speak with someone.  I'll try again in a couple of months.

My Wallet: Lowes $17k - Cap 1 Venture $10k - Amex Costco $9500 -Barclay's Arrival $8300 - Discover $6500 - Walmart $6000 - OSUFCU $5000 - VS $750.

Scores: TU (Walmart) 727 - EQ (FICO) 697 - EX 731
Message 54 of 70
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Like others of you I had 1 collection from 08/2007 that I was desperately wanting off my CR. I called TU and rep asked if I wanted to dispute the item as early removal? YES..I received a letter stating the item was deleted from my report on 3/14/14. According to CR it was to stay on my record till 07/2014, So after this success I am also following suit with EQ and EX. I have called both and no dice, so I am currently trying to dispute them, hoping the CA will not respond to the dispute since it's so old and coming off EX May and EQ Aug of this year 

I will keep you posted of how it plays out.

Good Luck to all you on getting old items removed...Keeping fingers crossed.Smiley Wink 

Message 55 of 70
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

** Update ***

Well CA fooled me they did respond to the dispute, got letter from EQ that acct. Remains about 1 week after filing. Called EX yesterday talked to nice man and said he could remove it since it's so old,,, Got email today stating my dispute results were ready...went to EX site checked out status of dispute..

Now: EQ called them too, no dice,, lady told me it would come off Aug, so I will try again later in mth and from now on,,,till I get it taken care of.Smiley Frustrated

Good Luck to U all !!!!!!!

Message 56 of 70
duckster
Contributor

Thanks for the update.  Were you able to speak with someone at experien without the need to purchase a new report?  I had a heck of a time getting in touch  with an actual person without having a report #, same for equifax.

Thanks.

My Wallet: Lowes $17k - Cap 1 Venture $10k - Amex Costco $9500 -Barclay's Arrival $8300 - Discover $6500 - Walmart $6000 - OSUFCU $5000 - VS $750.

Scores: TU (Walmart) 727 - EQ (FICO) 697 - EX 731
Message 57 of 70
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

I called TU this morning using the number provided in this thread. Explained I had a paid public record due to come off in June and asked if it could be removed early. The rep pulled up my report and verified the fall off date and then asked if I wanted to submit a dispute to remove with reasoning the derog is too old to be reporting.

I said yes, rep said I'll be notified of the results by mail within 30 days.

Just signed in to Credit Karma. My score jumped 46 points and the derogatory is no longer showing. Guess TU deleted it!

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 58 of 70
Shelly313
New Contributor

This is a such a great thread I booked marked it!  I have some baddies that are suppose to come off in December 2015, so next summer 2015 I will try and do this too.  Thanks for sharing this information!

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Message 59 of 70
Teardrop
New Contributor

@Shelly313 wrote:

This is a such a great thread I booked marked it!  I have some baddies that are suppose to come off in December 2015, so next summer 2015 I will try and do this too.  Thanks for sharing this information!

I just put a reminder on my phone for the dates to call.  So within the next 2-5 months I should have all the baddies off my credit.  Fingers crossed!

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/31/2014 - No apps while waiting to apply for home loan!
Starting Score: EX 640 EQ 593 TU>592 Lender Pulled 3/30/2014
Goal Score: All Scores 730+

Message 60 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.