Did you mean: 

fall off date

tag
Shelly313
New Contributor

Re: fall off date

@Teardrop wrote:

@Shelly313 wrote:

This is a such a great thread I booked marked it!  I have some baddies that are suppose to come off in December 2015, so next summer 2015 I will try and do this too.  Thanks for sharing this information!

I just put a reminder on my phone for the dates to call.  So within the next 2-5 months I should have all the baddies off my credit.  Fingers crossed!

Let us know how it worked out for you.  I'm hoping all the best for everyone that tries this!

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Message 61 of 70
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

UPDate >>>

Since last post I decided that since the debt was mine and only reason  I hadn't paid it was b/cause I thought they would reage it on my credit and since it was about to come off didn't want that to happen...Soooo I paid the debt,,yeppp called them up on 4/10/14 or so and paid it in full,talking with them I never acknowledged that the debt was mine.I said " Since this debt has been assigned to me and there is nothing I can do about it I would just like to take care of it to be done with the whole mess.

They sent me a letter next day stating acct. pd in full and that they would update with the CRAs  which they did. I meanwhile had sent them a certified letter the same day restating the same thing as the phone conversation also threw in that I didn't even try to negotiate this 6yr8mth debt, so I would appreciate if they would no longer contact me nor the credit bureaus concerning this debt being mine. Walla end of mth it was gone off EQ completely 

My score went up 50pts when they reported it pd. with 0 bal. and another 35 when it was removed. Now I have all 3 CLEAN and CLEAR of any baddies.....Woman Very HappyFINALLY !!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck to all and keep trying never give up,,you will reach a decent rep sooner or later, EQ was the hardest one for me..

@ Duckster: When I called EX,EQ and TU I used the report numbers I was given when disputing them. You also can use that same report # for 60 days anyway.

Also I don't know if you know or not but everytime you are declined for CL inc. or the best terms(apr) on a card u apply for you can get a new report then too.I have got a new report number that way too.

Message 62 of 70
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 63 of 70
CoachJSarina

I stumbled on to this topic, decided that I would give TU a call and try to get an early removal  (scheduled to fall off in Aug. and Sept of this year) of two collections.  I brought both items to the attention of the representitive, he said he would submit my request.  The next mor ing I refreshed my report, both items were gone. Thanks for the great info!

EX-670, EQ-664, TU-676
Message 64 of 70

Great thread...bookmarking!

Message 65 of 70
Sublime_sonrisa
Established Member

Anybody have success with getting a public record removed early? i. A judgement? Also, has anyone noticed any penalty for the dispute to remove early? I heard that disputes are noted on credit reports and some mortgage lenders won't even consider a loan if you have a dispute.

Starting Score: 570's
Current Score: TU 726, EQ 670, EX 687
Goal Score: 700

Message 66 of 70
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

anybody have any new updates?  I put in thru their websites.  I only tried TU and EQ.  I didnt have a current EX credit report to work off of.  I have gotten a couple emails saying they were still working on them.  I noticed on my eliminateidtheft.com site that EQ has already removed them but that may just be under investigation.  My EQ/MyFico score took a 16 pt hit when I submitted the request.  I hope I didn't screw up.

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 67 of 70
Goodness
Regular Contributor

Going to try this, since having hard time with PHD and GW letters
EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 68 of 70
Sublime_sonrisa
Established Member

I did the online request to remove early since I wasn't getting anywhere on the phone with TU. They removed the baddie that was scheduled to come off in August right away. I only got a 6 point bump, but I'll take it.

Starting Score: 570's
Current Score: TU 726, EQ 670, EX 687
Goal Score: 700

Message 69 of 70
Girac
Regular Contributor

I called TU this AM and spoke with an Indian gentleman. Told him that I would like an early removal of an account that will fall off in the next 5 months. He looked at my report and confirmed that it will fall of in 5 months but refused to put in a request for early removal. Stating policy that it will fall off in 7 years from dofd and an early removal was not possible.

Ill call back later in the evening and see how i goes.

Message 70 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.