Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fax or mail?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fax or mail?

Is it better to fax or mail information to the CRAs? 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
aman31
New Contributor

Re: fax or mail?

I am wondering the same thing. I need a fast response.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen moderators say that faxes have worked for them.

I always mail things in. 

My thought is that lots of things can go wrong with faxes (even with the confirm sheet).  With CM or CMRRR, you have proof that it was received.

Message 3 of 8
xoblondyox
Established Member

I opened a dispute online recently and called today asking if I could send some letters and some letters from OC for deletion. And they gave me a fax number and said it could take 3-5 days until they look at it.

Experian: 623 (April 09) Equifax: 652 (Aug 09) Transunion: 662 (Aug 09)
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing wrong with trying a fax first.  If after a few days you dont get a confirmation email (or see it on your report) regarding your received dispute, I would then mail.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

where can you find fax numbers for the CRAs?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have had all my LUCK with faxes.........

Kris

Message 7 of 8
torry590
Regular Contributor

Same!!!! I only fax...
As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.