Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback on a goodwill letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

feedback on a goodwill letter

hey guys..this is the first i have ever written. please give me any constructive feedback... Late payment removal request regarding account #

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been a loyal card member of Synchrony (albeit in my wife’s name XXXXXX) for 3 years and couldn’t be happier with our decision to join the Synchrony Family. You’ve always offered some of the most competitive rates and have been invaluable to us in our children’s dental care. Unfortunately, in January of 2017. I had several issues that occurred all at once. I began a new job, which took me from a weekly paycheck, to a bi-monthly paycheck. This same month, I made a cash payment in store, but did not keep a receipt. It was not credited to my account, and I know this is on me for not taking action immediately, and ultimately for not keeping documentation, therefore January was late, as I had to make the payment again.

Due to the fact that I thought the situation was being researched by Lowe’s and I was waiting for a resolution, combined with limited resources having just made the equivalent of two payments and also due to the decrease in the number of paychecks I now receive, I failed to submit my monthly February payment on time. It was an exceptionally busy and stressful time in my life and my new job was taking up a lot of extra hours in training. Once I had found a prosperous balance in my new pay schedule and life I immediately corrected my payment obligations.

I fully respect my obligations with Synchrony and have worked diligently to amend my relationship with you by paying my balance in full. A brief look at my account will reveal I have successfully made March and April payments on time since my unfortunate lapse of judgment, as well as a payoff in May. I hope to reopen an account with Lowe’s & Synchrony in the future.

Recently, I have begun to be considered for a more financially rewarding career in company and it has come to my attention that my late payment(s) with Synchrony may negatively affect my chances of obtaining a career in the field I am pursing. As you may know, FICO scores are being used more and more in the selection of prospective job applicants. In light of my renewed focus and demonstrated commitment to rebuilding my trust with your company, I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising the late payment(s) as reported on my three major credit bureau files (Experian, Transunion, and Equifax). I sincerely hope Synchrony believes in their customers and I humbly request your consideration to allow me to pursue the career of my dreams. I appreciate your time and look forward to receiving a favorable decision from you department soon.

Regards,

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: feedback on a goodwill letter

I broke it up for you so its easier for the members to read. I like it and would send it on out to the CEO of Synch.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The substance is great.

My only concern is the length.

I would recommend condensing a bit so that you keep their attention.......

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks so much!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

do yall think its best to send several letters, addressed to diff people/ departments? thoughts....
Message 5 of 6
Maximus5403
Valued Member

The best way seems to be the saturation method in which you send them to 1 different person every 30 days or so. 

I couldn't follow that method since I am finalizing my mortgage in 1 month, so I just blasted off 10 letters to 10 different individual executives at the collection agencies I am needing removed. It's kind of a hail mary, but I have nothing to lose.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.