Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico scoring.questions

tag
endzone4754
Established Member

fico scoring.questions

Help me understand my fellow peeps.. i have been working on rebuilting my credit.. i have when from a low of 382  to 579  since april 2014..i have deletled a judgements , at least 10 collections.. but now i have this several questions.. First of all  I have a dentist collection of 7700 in which i am going to pay in full. I know that wont raise my score ,but will it help raise it as far as my untilization? I have a 21000 car balance.. The thing i dont understand is i have one credit card with capttol one limit of 320.. last month in july i had a balance of  68 dollars my score was 579. .i then in august payed it down to 15.00 .. my score when down  from 579  to 536..Is it my understanding with just this one card..that having a  higher balance of 68 dollars was better for scoring than 15.00?  for scoring ?.I used the card but i  paided it down to 15 before the reporting date . on some  scores like exquifax score power, it states if i bring it  up to a around a 40 balance on this one card my score goes up over 640..to 654.. ? any thoughts? any would help me understand..I am applying for fha loan soon. so i am confused.  thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: fico scoring.questions

Moving to Rebuilding forum

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: fico scoring.questions

The one thing I would say is try and negotiate a PFD on that dentist collection! It can't hurt to try Smiley Happy I would say to apply for another card but with you apping for FHA that wouldn't be too smart.

I feel like util plays a different part on everybody's score depending on file..
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 4
endzone4754
Established Member

rebuilting credit

thanks.. i did fight for a pdf.. on the dentist bill.. wont do it.. file a bbb.. cfbb. everything i could think of.. but i want to pay it.. great dentist..i got sick..so .but i was preapprove on a fha already to tell you the truth.. i was just trying to figure out the score drop..i will let you know what happends... now i was tolded the equifax power score can be quite close.. anyone comment? thanks 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.