tag
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: fingerhut freshstart

@finallyfixingit wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

@mrldp40 wrote:
Do they send a card or just send a email

I never got a card but my girlfriend did.

If you want to check to see if you got upgraded, log into your account. You will see in your account details it will say account balance. If there's one there you got the upgrade.

Whitneyy where have you been?

Not logging in, just reading. LOL. Hope all is well!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 11 of 17
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@MortgageMinded wrote:

I got a card as well. Thing is, it's been almost 6 mos and no CLI. Not too happy at this point with them. I purchased 2 items and paid it in full. Not sure how long it should take to get a CLI, but it's ridiculous considering I paid them off.   Ready to close mine....

I didn't get an increase either like some have been saying! Which makes me like really? LOL. But I won't close it. It's an open positive revolving line which I'm all for. Even if it's just $250.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh let's see I second that I was automatically converted to freshstart within a week after paying off the installment. 

I opened the account in Oct 14 and initial Credit limit was 250, at 1500.00 now this was over about 3 CLI's. 

I just bought something small about every other month, never exceeding 20% UTI. 

Message 13 of 17
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

It's a good starter, but I have since got Target and Walmart. Not sure what I would need the FH card for any longer for. It is good for the short-term loan agreement aspect I guess, else the limit was real low. Just was surprised after buying several items, I didn't get any CLI's. If it works for you, stick with it!!!! It's good for rebuilding!!!! If I closed it at this point, it wouldn't hurt my UTI since it's so low.  I guess it served its purpose in some form or another.

Good luck!

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

I was granted a $250 card limit after graduation fresh start in November. I made my third and likely final Fingerhut purchase a couple of weeks ago. It was something small. I immediately paid it off and was given a $300 line increase! 

7/14 Scores: EQ- 576, TU- 589, EX- 567
3/7/15 Scores: EQ- 666, TU- 680, EX- 669

last app 3/11/15
Message 15 of 17
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

It took about 2 weeks to graduate to a revolving account after paying off my installment agreement. I started with a $250 CL in June and have received three CLIs, to $450 then $750 then $1250 just last week. I have spent a decent amount of money with them becuase I made a cross-country move and needed stuff for the new house. I'm about to pay off the $350 I owe and then plan not to use it again unless absolutely necessary. I kind of want to close it, but it's my biggest CL.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 16 of 17
mrldp40
Established Contributor

They gave me the 250 limit also got a cap 1 secured for 99 deposit
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.