Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first GW attempt failed

tag
oohhjamila
Valued Member

Re: first GW attempt failed

I just got my first response to a GW from Nationwide Recovery Systems, which was the only CA on my credit reports. I'm not sure I understand their response.

To whom it  may Concern:

This letter is intended to inform you that we were asked to represent the above referenced client in regards to the aforementioned indebtedness and inform you of your current status.

Your account has been closed and all collection effors ceased. The appropriate credit reporting agencies will be notified accordingly.

If you should have any questions regarding this matter feel free to contact me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Steve Doe

Collection Manager 

I don't want to call, cus everything is supposed to be in writing...but that just sounds like they are going to keep doing what they're doing. The account has been paid and they aren't trying to collect or anything, they're just still reporting it. I asked for it to be deleted. What does it sound like to you? How long should it take to update if in fact it will be deleted? Should I be excited or bummed out, lol?

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oohhjamila wrote:

I just got my first response to a GW from Nationwide Recovery Systems, which was the only CA on my credit reports. I'm not sure I understand their response.

To whom it  may Concern:

This letter is intended to inform you that we were asked to represent the above referenced client in regards to the aforementioned indebtedness and inform you of your current status.

Your account has been closed and all collection effors ceased.

They are going to STOP collection = they aren't going to ask you for money any more

The appropriate credit reporting agencies will be notified accordingly.

They are going to have the credit reporting agencies stop reporting/ delete it

If you should have any questions regarding this matter feel free to contact me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Steve Doe

Collection Manager 

I don't want to call, cus everything is supposed to be in writing...but that just sounds like they are going to keep doing what they're doing. The account has been paid and they aren't trying to collect or anything, they're just still reporting it. I asked for it to be deleted. What does it sound like to you? How long should it take to update if in fact it will be deleted? Should I be excited or bummed out, lol?

Or at least that is how I read it. It sounds like a GOOD letter. Very similar to the GW response I got from Dillards and they deleted my lates.

Message 12 of 23
oohhjamila
Valued Member

thanks for your input. i surely hope it means it's going to be deleted. fingers crossed.
Message 13 of 23
treski
Frequent Contributor

I just sent out GW greeting cards.  Smiley Tongue

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My next round will be GW Christmas cards. Im hoping I won't need to send a next round but... seeing how my last one was the second time for some and the first for some others... there will most likely be next time.
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have learned that you can request to speak to an "american representative".  I try to be as patient as possible when I get CSRs with a heavy accent but my DH is not so patient. The "foreign" CSR he had on the phone learned a hard lesson that day.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

A supervisor at Comcast told me the fastest/ most polite way to get to a US call center is to tell whoever answers that you are hearing impaired and can not understand accents or overseas phone connections.

Message 17 of 23
oohhjamila
Valued Member

This is NOT good! Ok so I just got a ScoreWatch alert and my EQ score went down 7 points! It is in relation to an old GEMB/JCP account that has been closed to '06. I sent a GW letter and now my reports shows

Consumer disputes this account information
Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance
Account closed by credit grantor

This is part of my GW letter to JCP...

I am writing this letter to see whether JCP would consider making a goodwill adjustment to the credit reporting bureaus on my closed account. This is not a dispute. However, could you please remove the adverse late payments and canceled status reporting from this account? I understand that this is a rather unusual request--particularly as my account fell behind 90 days or more and eventually led to being closed.

It clearly stated in BOLD that this is not a dispute. What can I do to fix this?

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will say that for a while but it doesn't mean you are disputing it.

I sent GW letter to Dillards and it said that for like 20 days, then I got a letter in the mail that they were going to delete my late payment. When they did that message went away.

Just keep an eye on it. You will be ok.

Message 19 of 23
oohhjamila
Valued Member

ok thanks. that gives me hope. Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.