Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first credit services collection company

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

first credit services collection company

Good afternoon everyone.  So i had a membership with a local personal training company.  I became sick and had to cancel my membership so I gave my doctor's letter to one of the personal training managers.  SHe said she would send it to corporate to ensure that the membership was cancelled.  Fast forward six months and I get a collection letter from the above company.  SO I called the personal training company and after being forwarded four times I ended up talking to the above company. 

The manager was very rude and basically told me people have come to his company having the same problem, that the issue is that I didnt send a certified letter to the personal training company and since I didnt do that I HAD to pay the balance blah, blah, blah....so he told me that his company "doesn't do deletes" and if I pay him 70% of the balance he wont place it on my CR (roughly $1000) I told him that was absurd and he went on and on about how this collection will destroy my credit and I wont ever be able to purchase anything big (which I know is a lie).  My question is when this hits my credit, can I dispute it by sending the letter from my physician? If not what are my other options.  He was so disrespectful and condesending that I had to hang up on him because i know that with collections the collection company only benefits if I settle the debt.  If I dont pay they dont benefit and he said that he KNEW I would call back and pay him the money cause I had no choice.  ANy help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: first credit services collection company

Sorry to hear about your problem, but the CRA's only report information, they do not make decisions on debts the courts do.

I would suggest talking with an attorney, most offer 1st visit free consult. Take a copy of the contract with you, if you have it.

Check your copy of the contract for the steps to cancel and if it does say to sent it cert mail, the manager should've told you that, when you handed it to him/her.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.