Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first gw denial

tag
Primevci
New Contributor

first gw denial

Just got off the phone with Capone and got the line we can only report accurate info. This was the executive office number. I asked if he could just remove the info for that month he said it was already reported and removing it would be the same thing. Kinda sucks I was nice to the guy anyhow and thanks for at least talking with me. Kinda bumed looks like I'll be getting a house in two years instead of this year

Starting Score: EQ:539/TU:569 3/24/13
Current Score: EQ:552/TU:569
Goal Score: EQ:640/TU:640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

Re: first gw denial

I also received GW denial from the CapOne OE (and Wells Fargo and NSLP) but like others have said, keep sending the GW, don't give up.

Message 2 of 7
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Keep at it. Capital One is hard one, but it can be done.  The trade line I had deleted had errors, but I got them to delete the entire trade line instead of just correcting everything...eventually.

Message 3 of 7
samdubs
Contributor

Keep it up with them. I have one of my Cap One cards showing not latepayments now and the other one I am still calling about. I have been calling every other day for almost a month for the last one.  So I batted .500 which is pretty good considering some of the things I have read on here about Cap One.

Message 4 of 7
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@Primevci wrote:
Just got off the phone with Capone and got the line we can only report accurate info. This was the executive office number. I asked if he could just remove the info for that month he said it was already reported and removing it would be the same thing. Kinda sucks I was nice to the guy anyhow and thanks for at least talking with me. Kinda bumed looks like I'll be getting a house in two years instead of this year

I am so tired of hearing it, although true.  I'm to the point that I think I will try to make the next person laugh who tells me that.  I am gonna tell them "Yeah, you did report it accurate, but now that everyone has seen it, it's kind of boring.  Switch it up now."

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 5 of 7
Primevci
New Contributor

Just sucks I did good for two years and this February I was late on my two cc and my car loan.. Mad at myself and just upset that it looks like I won't be getting a house for two years

Starting Score: EQ:539/TU:569 3/24/13
Current Score: EQ:552/TU:569
Goal Score: EQ:640/TU:640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 7
Focker69
Regular Contributor

You only spoke to an entry level rep at the Exec Cust Service dept. They will stick strictly to protocol and give you the same accurate info spiel. You have to escallate the call to a Supervisor in that department and really lay out your case and hammer in on your positives. Long time customer, never paid late before, not sure what your circumstances were but if you have a story to tie into it that explains it, they actually do have the authority to remove anything at their discretion.

Hoping to hit 700 soon!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.