Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first national collection bureau

tag
lene225
Established Member

first national collection bureau

I received a settlement letter from first national collection bureau for credit card through first premier. The thing is i opened the card when i was 18  and it was closed 5 months later being young and irresponsible. so that was over 13 years ago. It is not on my credit report im not sure if it was ever reported on my credit reports. What should I do how do I respond. they say the balance is $750.66 and they are willing to settle for $150.14 any advice would be great.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: first national collection bureau

@lene225 wrote:

I received a settlement letter from first national collection bureau for credit card through first premier. The thing is i opened the card when i was 18  and it was closed 5 months later being young and irresponsible. so that was over 13 years ago. It is not on my credit report im not sure if it was ever reported on my credit reports. What should I do how do I respond. they say the balance is $750.66 and they are willing to settle for $150.14 any advice would be great.

This is a JDB trying to collect on old zombies, personally I wouldnt give them a dime as FP wont see any money. The appropriate response would be to do nothing or send them a C&D letter. CAs can attempt to collect on old out of statute debts forever with the exception of 2 states (WI & MS, these states have laws that kill all collection efforts when it reaches SOL).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.