Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first premiere

tag
wally2159
Contributor

first premiere

Hi all! I am so upset right now! after 2 years of working on my credit score and achieving over 700... I have my first premiere card that has a monthly fee of 6.92$. I got this card way back when I was rebuilding and life gets busy sometimes! You cannot auto pay this because it doesnt give you that option. I forgot about it for one month and now my score dropped 68 points!!!! Help!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: first premiere

@wally2159 wrote:

Hi all! I am so upset right now! after 2 years of working on my credit score and achieving over 700... I have my first premiere card that has a monthly fee of 6.92$. I got this card way back when I was rebuilding and life gets busy sometimes! You cannot auto pay this because it doesnt give you that option. I forgot about it for one month and now my score dropped 68 points!!!! Help!

You live and continue to learn. I use a calendar and note all my bill due dates (I use Google calendar), and if it is annual, I repeat that bill annually automatically. Others use their bank's billpay feature. Whether or not you intentionally or intentionally missed a payment the bank does not care, the fact is, you did it and the result is a score drop and you are viewed as a "risk" in terms of not paying on time for whatever reason. I have not missed a payment since 1991 or late either because even in high school I used a calendar to organize my life, back then it was a paper calendar.

Message 2 of 10
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

@wally2159 wrote:

You live and continue to learn. I use a calendar and note all my bill due dates (I use Google calendar), and if it is annual, I repeat that bill annually automatically. Others use their bank's billpay feature. Whether or not you intentionally or intentionally missed a payment the bank does not care, the fact is, you did it and the result is a score drop and you are viewed as a "risk" in terms of not paying on time for whatever reason. I have not missed a payment since 1991 or late either because even in high school I used a calendar to organize my life, back then it was a paper calendar.

Don't you think that is rather harsh?

Ths board is full of thousands of posts advising people to send goodwill letters and make goodwill calls.  If lenders don't care, why would anyone bother to take that advice?

OP knows what you pointed out.  You just rubbed sand in his/her face.  Think about it.

Message 3 of 10
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@wally2159 wrote:

Same thing happened to my friend, told him to send goodwill letter and dispute it. 

Unfortunately since its First Premier you'll probably see no sympathy from them, especially if you close the card out. 

I know it sucks, but when you use these sub-prime cards with no auto-pay you really are playing with fire. 

Best of luck you. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 4 of 10
wannagreatfico
Established Member

Wondering how long it will take to recover from that? We don't use it just pay the fee. Other care through capital one we use and pay on time! Hate to close that first premiere due to the score will go down more!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

Geezus, what a rude way to respond. A better way to "help" the OP like they specifically asked, might be to say something like: "Try getting a calendar for all your due dates or setting an alarm on your email to remind you so that it doesn't happen again. In the meantime, search the boards here for GW letters to see if First Premier might be willing to excuse your one overlooked payment". 

OP - don't give up, try to GW them and explain what happened. If it's only one late and you immediately corrected the problem, you may get lucky with them. 

Message 6 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Let's remember to be respectful in your comments, as to not violate myfico's TOS and User Guidelines.

Moving to Rebuilding for assistance with GW. 

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wannagreatfico wrote:
Wondering how long it will take to recover from that? We don't use it just pay the fee. Other care through capital one we use and pay on time! Hate to close that first premiere due to the score will go down more!

Closing the card will not cause your score to decrease unless doing so increases your utilization percentage. It's a junk card that you no longer need.

Message 8 of 10
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

Don't you think that is rather harsh?

Ths board is full of thousands of posts advising people to send goodwill letters and make goodwill calls.  If lenders don't care, why would anyone bother to take that advice?

OP knows what you pointed out.  You just rubbed sand in his/her face.  Think about it.

A little harsh?  Absolutely. 

I do the same thing... have all my bills organized in a calendar that I look at every pay day.  I've been doing it that way so long I could probably not use it and still never forget a bill that is due.

I've never been late on a bill either... and that includes filing Ch 13 in 2009 after an extended job loss.  I was current but the ship was sinking.

At any rate, I realize some people aren't that good with finances and/or forget a payment.  It's unfortunate because with the potential damage to your CR that even a single missed payment can do (my friend forgot her car payment and lost 90 on her FICO) you better believe I pay extra special attention to due dates as I am rebuilding my credit.

Good luck with the GW OP.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In most cases where you "miss a payment," the delinquecy is not reportable to a CRA as a 30-late.

You have a 30-day window after an account becomes delinquent to pay and return the account to good-standing before it becomes reportable to a CRA.

If a simple oversight, it is usually known when the next billing statement is received.

Are you sure it is actually a reportable 30-late?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.