Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixing a charge off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fixing a charge off?

in 2006 i pay the $105 to make my account a zero balance. in 2009-2010 they are still report my account as 90 day late. i've been telling the CR this for month and they won't change my account status. what's my next step of action?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: fixing a charge off?

So as long as the 90 day late reported prior to your payment then it is OK. If you look at your 7-yr history, all of the lates, with the worst being 90 days, will continue to report for the full 7 yrs.

Send them a GW asking for some goodwill in deleting it early.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

no what i'm saying is they are reporting CO for 08/09, 09/09, 10/09, 12/09 and 01/10 when i already pay that account off in 2006 and they list it as a charge off. what should i do?
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ah, got it. Do you have proof of payment from 2006? At the time of your payment, what was the status of the account? Was it current? Already charged-off?

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A charge if is a totally distinct derog from prior monthly reporting by the OC, and falls off differently.

30/60/90+ delinquencies each drop at 7 years from their individual date.

The additional charge off remains for 7 1/2 years from the DOFD on the account, which in your case is probably the 30-day late.

Accounts dont drop, only the indiv derogs drop off, each at its own separate time.

Paqying them wont affect your FICO score unless you get a prior agreement from the OC to delete the reporting in exchange for recepit of payment.  All you can do is ask.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.