Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

for anyone tryin to get mortgage..

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

for anyone tryin to get mortgage..

Does anyone know how mant points you will loose when they pull your credit the first time?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: for anyone tryin to get mortgage..

No, but from my understanding if you have several mortgage applications, they don't dock you for each inquiry as long as its within the same time frame. I'm trying to get mine up to about 680 before putting in application just in case in dings me--I'll be able to handle the ding.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@damnedanddetermined wrote:

Does anyone know how mant points you will loose when they pull your credit the first time?

None in most instances. You might lose one or two IF you already have a lot of inquiries within 12 months - and by a lot, I mean double digits...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When a lender pulls your credit for a mortgage app, the inquiry will show up immediately on your CR, but it won't affect your score until 30 days later. As long as it's coded correctly (meaning the 3rd party company that pulls reports for lenders keys it in as a mortgage inquiry), you can have as many pulls as you want within 30 days and it will only affect your score as though it were one hard inquiry, and your score won't be affected during that time. 

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

When a lender pulls your credit for a mortgage app, the inquiry will show up immediately on your CR, but it won't affect your score until 30 days later. As long as it's coded correctly (meaning the 3rd party company that pulls reports for lenders keys it in as a mortgage inquiry), you can have as many pulls as you want within 30 days and it will only affect your score as though it were one hard inquiry, and your score won't be affected during that time. 

It would affect your Fico immediately there is no delay. Your Fico score is a fluid number and is constantly changing it can be multi numbers in a single day depending on the updates coming in from your creditors.

Its actually 14 days.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.