Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forclosure falling off in 2014

tag
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: foreclosure falling off in 2014

Does anyone have any idea how much these collections are hurting me?

Starting Score:
August Equifax 558 TU 600 EX 570
Current Score: Equifax FICO 642 TU FICO662 EX 651 (credit.com) 06/21/2013
Goal Score: 720 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 15
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Having 1 collection that is less than 2 years old could drop your score somewhere between 50 to 100 points. Collections will have less of an effect as they age but any collection that is less than 2 years old has a MAJOR negative impact to scores. Many people have reported 30 point gains in their scores after a 7 year old collection ages off their reports.

That was for 1 collection. How many do you have? See the need to make this happen?

You need to try the PFDs first. Try several times if it doesn't happen on the first go around. You lose ALL your leverage with the CA once you pay them. Sometimes you will have to pay them and start with the GW letters but think long and hard before you pay them without a guarantee of deletion.

If the GW process doesn't seem to work you can then pull out the BIG guns and start the HIPPA process. Because they are medical collections, having them listed on your credit report is really against the law. This is a little more involved process so save it for last. This process will however get ALL the remaining collections off your report.

You have some work ahead of you. After the first one it is easy! I know you can do it!

Take it one step at a time. It really comes down to writing a few letters, sending them CMRR(Certified Mail w/Returned Receipt) and waiting.

Have any questions?

Make sure you stop back here to let us know how it is going!

Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 12 of 15
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

I curerntly have 8 on equifax.  I have 5 on TU and Experian, they arent being reported to them.  Southern Credit Recovery is the worst to work with, they are mean and dont want to help anyone.  Maybe they will just see the dollar signs and go for the PFD.  I am certainly going to try.  

It probably is not a good idea to try for an unsecured card since walmart declined me.  I recently applied because I had seen they were approving 550 and thought I may have had a chance but I had too many open collections and not enough new credit!   I cant get new credit so I am going for the secured capital 1 like you suggested earlier.

I am writing letters tonight and waiting to see what happens.

My moms doctor is president of something at the hospital, i wonder if I can talk to him on my next appointment and see if he might be able to pull some strings with the hospital, OC.  Think it is worth a shot?

Starting Score:

Message 13 of 15
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Everything is worth a shot! I might wait and see how the PFDs do first. Be a smart poker player, don't play all your cards at once.

I really hate to do this but....

I'm going to pull out my crystal ball....

Give me a minute....

Okay, I'm back.

I'm looking into your future....

You worked diligently at getting your collections removed. They are ALL gone now. They have become a figment of your imagination.

You applied for and received your Walmart card after your scores went above 640.

It is now February of 2013 and your scores are....

720!!!!

Yes your scores will take off like a rocket as these collections come off your report!

That, my dear (Said in the voice of the Wizard.) is how you get to Kansas!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 14 of 15
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

LOVE It!  Smiley Happy  I am writing letters tonight.  They are small amounts and would have been paid if I got the bills!  Smiley Surprised)   Thank you for the support I am totally motivated to do this. 

YOU are awesome for helping!

I WILL never be lazy again with credit, and will be gardening soon!!

Totally motivated!  "happy dance"  haha.

I MISS my good credit!  and I will see it again soon!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score:

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.