Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

foreclosure reporting wrong

tag
chazjan
Contributor

foreclosure reporting wrong

Back in 2008 we unfortunately had to let our home get foreclosed on.  It was with National City bank.  They subsequently got bought by PNC they still report as foreclosure started.  They list the dofd as 10 of 2008 but it was actually August.  I called to see if they would consider an early deletion and also sent a goodwill letter and they had me upload a copy of my credit report and wanted my account number.  They said they don't have any of my info  so it will be hard to update and they won't delete is there any recourse for me.  I'm so tired of dealing with banks that have been sold I have another baddie that is so tangled up and I can't get it deleted either. 

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: foreclosure reporting wrong

@chazjan wrote:

Back in 2008 we unfortunately had to let our home get foreclosed on.  It was with National City bank.  They subsequently got bought by PNC they still report as foreclosure started.  They list the dofd as 10 of 2008 but it was actually August.  I called to see if they would consider an early deletion and also sent a goodwill letter and they had me upload a copy of my credit report and wanted my account number.  They said they don't have any of my info  so it will be hard to update and they won't delete is there any recourse for me.  I'm so tired of dealing with banks that have been sold I have another baddie that is so tangled up and I can't get it deleted either. 

Thanks for any help.

Dispute it via US Mail CMRR with the CRAs the reason would be the DoFD is incorrect Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.