Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frontier communications

tag
endzone4754
Established Member

frontier communications

On may 5 i contacted frontier on a chargeoff acct.. trying to buy a house.. i tolded the rep i would pay in full.. and he stated without any doubt it would be removed ..in about 30 days.. no good.. i called back. .a supervisor tolded me that other rep was wrong .. i know. i should have gotten in writing.. so i then got a hold of their vice president of customer relations who stated to me she would look into..well no good same answer.. . so filed a complain with the bbb.. frontier came back no change.. even though they admitted by listening to the recorded phone i was tolded it would be deleted.. they only stated the rep was wrong and in other words TOUGH..their postion would not charge.I have filed a complain with the cfpb again..any thoughts with my forum group on how to get this off .. my report?...then i even started back with them with my tv.. and then didnt even ask for a deposit. .wow.. any experience with frontier..? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: frontier communications

Frontier Communications are total butt-wipes!  I had an account with them from 2006, but they didn't report any "good" payment history.  Only reported negative items when I fell behind in 2011.  I am disputing their bs claims with the credit beauros.  I am sorry to hear that they lied to you about taking the account off your credit reports.  These folks are completely underhanded and I don't trust them.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm fighting with them as well. Did a BBB complaint with no joy, now going to up the ante with CFPB complaint. They promised me specific service details that they never did provide while billing me and stringing me along for two months telling me "Oh yes we can do that for you", finally told them to cancel the account. I consider them to be in breach of contract and they never should have billed me.

Bunch of worthless pricks IMO.

Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Whatever body part they may resemble, the "promise" did not result in your payment, and thus did not become a contract for which they recieved $$ and then did no uphold their end.  It will likely be hard to assert damages when it was immediately corrected.

I doubt that the CFPB would intervene as the CO appears accurate, resulting in no specific FCRA reporting violation, and there is no FDCPA issue because the creditor is not a debt collector.  Best bet is likely a business practice issue with the BBB, but that is an informal process.....

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I'm fighting with them as well. Did a BBB complaint with no joy, now going to up the ante with CFPB complaint. They promised me specific service details that they never did provide while billing me and stringing me along for two months telling me "Oh yes we can do that for you", finally told them to cancel the account. I consider them to be in breach of contract and they never should have billed me.

Bunch of worthless pricks IMO.

+1...

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Whatever body part they may resemble, the "promise" did not result in your payment, and thus did not become a contract for which they recieved $$ and then did no uphold their end.  It will likely be hard to assert damages when it was immediately corrected.

I doubt that the CFPB would intervene as the CO appears accurate, resulting in no specific FCRA reporting violation, and there is no FDCPA issue because the creditor is not a debt collector.  Best bet is likely a business practice issue with the BBB, but that is an informal process.....

There was no 'correction' of anything. There was only the closing of the account at MY request. And they most certainly DID eventually receive a payment for which promised service had *never* been provided.

Hows this for an analogy - you go to the grocery store to buy some milk. They give you an empty milk jug and promise to fill it up with milk tomorrow, and in the meantime they charge you for orange juice you don't want and can't drink. When you come back, they tell you they'll get that milk for you next week for sure, and charge you for more orange juice. The next week they tell you  well sure, we can get that milk for you but we'll have to send you some new milk jugs, and they bill you for more orange juice you don't want and cant drink. They send you new milk jugs that are indentical to the original ones, and when you bring them in they still have no milk, but they bill you for MORE orange juice. You eventually get disgusted and tell them to stick it, as they never gave you ANY milk, only lots of promises, but you end up paying for half that orange juice that you neither wanted nor consumed because they threatened to send it to a collection agency.

As I said, I already tried the BBB route - they have no teeth and Frontier knows it. Maybe CPFB will get involved and maybe they won't, we'll see. If I have to, I'll take them to small claims court for their breach of contract.

Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@endzone4754 wrote:

On may 5 i contacted frontier on a chargeoff acct.. trying to buy a house.. i tolded the rep i would pay in full.. and he stated without any doubt it would be removed ..in about 30 days.. no good.. i called back. .a supervisor tolded me that other rep was wrong .. i know. i should have gotten in writing.. so i then got a hold of their vice president of customer relations who stated to me she would look into..well no good same answer.. . so filed a complain with the bbb.. frontier came back no change.. even though they admitted by listening to the recorded phone i was tolded it would be deleted.. they only stated the rep was wrong and in other words TOUGH..their postion would not charge.I have filed a complain with the cfpb again..any thoughts with my forum group on how to get this off .. my report?...then i even started back with them with my tv.. and then didnt even ask for a deposit. .wow.. any experience with frontier..? 

Have you actually paid them off??

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, whether you paid is the key.

Norman, we are obviously reading the post differently.

I assumed they stated they would delete, but the call back corrected that position, and was done prior to any payment of the debt.

Had that promise been made and payment then made before any correction of that position, their juice carton would remain emplty.....

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.