Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frustrated.....CO returned...

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

frustrated.....CO returned...

And cost me 3 fico points. I need to know how to best handle this. I checked my CR and saw it there with a different balance then before and the CA is different.

On a side note...my old Cap1 account balance finally reported the right balance and I gained 15 FAKO points from it.

Thanks.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: frustrated.....CO returned...

@madmann26 wrote:
And cost me 3 fico points. I need to know how to best handle this. I checked my CR and saw it there with a different balance then before and the CA is different.

On a side note...my old Cap1 account balance finally reported the right balance and I gained 15 FAKO points from it.

Thanks.

Just curious..

Did the OC charge off come back? Or did it come back with a different colleciton agency?

And how was it removed originally? Via dispute?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 14
madmann26
Valued Contributor

It was AFNI originally and I DV'd them and they deleted it. Now it's back as IC Systems with a $200 increase to the balance.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 3 of 14
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:
It was AFNI originally and I DV'd them and they deleted it. Now it's back as IC Systems with a $200 increase to the balance.

Okay, well there is nothing wrong with that in and of itself... CA's sell accounts all the time.. 

I would DV IC Systems; if ANFI couldn't validate, IC Systems likely cannot.

The only time reinsertion of an account posses potential FCRA violations is if the SAME creditor reinserted information after a deletion due to dispute.

Voluntary removal isn't part of that, and since this is a new company, you have to tackle the debt the same as a new one..

This is why DV deletions are double edged swords. As long as the debt exists, it can come back

-scott

Message 4 of 14
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Thanks Scott. Seems like a certified mail is in order.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 5 of 14
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:
Thanks Scott. Seems like a certified mail is in order.

Yeah; I would definitely send a DV asap..

Did they ever send a dunning on this? You might be able to leverage them because reporting to a CRA is considered collection activity, and if they didn't send you a dunning you could possibly use a potential FDCPA violation to your benefit in convincing them to forget about this debt....

-scott

Message 6 of 14
madmann26
Valued Contributor

No...no dunning notice. How would I leverage this?

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 7 of 14
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:
No...no dunning notice. How would I leverage this?

Well, they are required to send a dunning notification witin I believe 5 days of starting collections... it might be 30.. one of the two (two lazy to look it up) and placing on a credit report is considered collection activities.. if they didn't well, thats a violation of the FDCPA..

You could send them the DV mentioning this.. or you could use a BBB complaint mentioning this.. you could report it to the FTC.. you could file a lawsuit.. you have recourse.. if the ultimate goal is to get rid of it, I would consider using this information along with a PFD so it goes away forever, because even if you are able to remove it again, it will just keep coming back with new CAs

-scott

Message 8 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

The dunning notice is required within 5 days of notification to you of the collection account.  Posting to your CR is covered by this too.  If you do not receive a dunning notice, then they are in violation.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 14
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Can someone tell me what area of the FDCPA I need to quote?

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.