Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: frustrated with Equifax

dont waste your time with FTC
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have another question should i even be concerned with the charge off date reporting incorrect.
Message 12 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i have another question should i even be concerned with the charge off date reporting incorrect.

OK...I totally know this isn't funny, but that gave me a little chuckle.  As in...why should that be right when absolutely nothing else is!!

I am feeling your pain...believe me!  I have a school loan taken out in 97, defaulted in 2000, showed good acct for 9 years...PIF this February.  Now It's a NEW collection in April...on Experian only.

See what I mean?  Have you thrown the phone yet?? (after the latest conversation with CS goofball) Mine, incredibly, still works!  

Believe me, my friend, I'm laughing with you because without our humor...they WIN!  Smiley Very Happy And I refuse to let that happen.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

the last conversation today with the CSR in INDIA of all fricken places was classic, i asked her why i would possibly have a charge off a year after it had been paid and she said that it happens all of the time........i hung up the phone,

i mean i dont get it i dispute it they investigate it they deny that i send a fax and then they say oh by the way they are charging it off again never mind its sold to a collection agency paid off almost 2 years ago now.

yeah i feel like throwing something alright i have worked really hard at this credit crap and this is what i get a CSR in India telling me it happens all of the time.

Message 14 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Yep...the circle of greif!  You dispute, they contact oc, they verify & CRA updates to make the neg just that much more recent!

Good Lord, why didn't I go to Law school??  At least then I could REALLY battle the Dep of Ed!!

And this place would be my "Pro-Bono" domain!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i feel you pain as well somtimes i think it would be better to not even take care of your old debts just leave them alone i guess

Message 16 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i feel you pain as well somtimes i think it would be better to not even take care of your old debts just leave them alone i guess

I swear, I never felt that way.  My old Cap 1 & HSBC card (collection acct Midland Credit Mgmt)...  Together I owed about 3200. Made arrangements & paid them both.  July/Aug maybe all will be gone!!  So I decided this was the time to do the right thing & pay off my school loan.

I should have let the freakin thing stew forever!  I paid it off & it bit me in the backside like a bad dog.

If I could do it again...I never would have touched it...ever!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.