cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting a PFD agreement using a phonecall recorder.

tag
periferel
Established Member

getting a PFD agreement using a phonecall recorder.

in the quest to get collections off our files we know that PFD is a huge asset. only problem is that some CAs wont give a PFD in writing. this is a situation im dealing with bc i have only one collection on my report and it is TWC through a CA named CBA. i called and they assured me that if i pay the amount they will call TWC and have it removed from my report as well as the report they put up on a different credit bureau under their name CBA. its listed as CBA on EQ and TWC on TU i believe, same account same amount just listed as CBA on one and TWC on other. also the CBA says "closed" under status and TWC report lists it as open. not sure why. 

the point of this thread was that even though the rep at the CA told me that they would delete and request TWC to delete, they would not offer that same deal in writing. now i've heard plenty about CA's and the reason to get stuff in writing is bc they could just flat out lie to you over the phone and you could pay the collection off in full and end up with a collection on your account for 7 more years from the date you pay it. now if they were recorded wouldnt that be the same as getting it in writing as far as proof is concerned? 

i just downloaded a phonecall recorder for skype and plan to try this method if my PFD letter doesnt get a response. you can check it out here http://shop.skype.com/apps/Call-recording-audio-only/ its free and is easy to use. what do you guys think has anyone used a recorded phonecall as proof of an agreement to PFD before? has it worked in a situation where you called and they agreed to PFD and didnt?

scores 9/25/2020 between 670-685
cap1 QUICKSILVER $1,100 DISCOVER $1,100 CSP $7,900 FREEDOM FLEX $8,100
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: getting a PFD agreement using a phonecall recorder.

You'll need to check your state's laws regarding recording of phone calls ~ some states require consent from both parties when recording.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.