cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting a collections deleted?

tag
murcury

getting a collections deleted?

I recently pulled my credit report.  It went up a bunch this last time I'm now up to 621 from low 500s.    I saw there is a Collections on my report.  I called the company it was owed to "comcast cable" .  I paid this account and even returned the equipment.  This is the entry on the report.

Collection on debt to: Comcast Cable C

The collection agency "217YC01348" was hired to collect a debt of $147 originally owed to "Comcast Cable C" on account number "XXXXXXXX".

Collection agency [217YC01348]Original balance [$147]Current balance [$0]Date assigned [Sep, 2011]Original lender [Comcast Cable C]Account number [XXXXXXXX]Account holder [Individual]

Is there a way to get this removed from my credit report?  I thought it would come off when I paid it off

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: getting a collections deleted?

Unfortunately they are not automatically removed when paid, nor do they have to be.  All you can do now is send a GW letter asking for them to remove the TL.

Message 2 of 3
murcury

Re: getting a collections deleted?

I called and spoke with a nice lady that understood what i was saying and noted my account and forwarded it to the right department....or so she says.  She said I'll receive a letter within 10 days of their decision.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.