Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting a judgment vacated in Oregon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

getting a judgment vacated in Oregon?

Hey there, not sure if anyone can help me here. I have a judgment that I just finished paying off. The collection agency is Asset Acceptance and it's for an old Chase (I think) credit card. I'm dying to get this thing off my credit somehow, because it's not due to fall off until 2020!

I looked up the laws for getting a judgment vacated in Oregon and there are all kinds of limitations. I would have to file the motion within 180 days of the entry of judgment (we're past that) and I would have to say that I was either not served (I was), that I have some excuse for not being able to appear (I don't, really) or that I object to the debt (again, I don't, really.)

I called the courthouse and spoke with someone who said that usually it is the plaintiff's attorney who files a motion to vacate (because they've made a mistake or something). This makes me wonder about calling up the plaintiff's attorney and asking if they can vacate the judgment for me. 

Thoughts? Is this hopeless?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: getting a judgment vacated in Oregon?

Nvm. Talked to an attorney. I can't have the judgment vacated at this point. Best I can do is dispute the item on my report because it should be satisfied. It always takes the CRAs to update judgments. I'll send them the letter saying it has been satisfied and then just have to wait it out. Bummer.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: getting a judgment vacated in Oregon?

@Anonymous wrote:

Nvm. Talked to an attorney. I can't have the judgment vacated at this point. Best I can do is dispute the item on my report because it should be satisfied. It always takes the CRAs to update judgments. I'll send them the letter saying it has been satisfied and then just have to wait it out. Bummer.

I'm right there in the same boat - four of them in my case.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.