Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

going to try to get in with a CU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

going to try to get in with a CU

a CU here in the area doesn't use chexsystems. Also, they have a chat feature on their website that doesn't require a login. Basically I've found out you can become a member with at least a 575 FICO (not sure of which one), and that they can use the same pool for credit products within 30 days. I may see if I can get an unsecured or secured card with them.

At least ready to start the relationship. ultimately I want to rebuild until I can refi my awful 15.98 auto loan. I've been locked out from most CU because of chex. We'll see! I may wait a bit until my cards mature to at least 6 to 9 months for better shot at unsecured. They basically told me they don't have hard requirements for Secured. They're pretty rebuilder friendly there.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: going to try to get in with a CU

Have you tried for an unsecured Cap One card? They are pretty easy.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got a secured Cap 1 (551 CL) and an QS1 (initially 500 but they gave CLI upon request to 1500).

Would they let me have a third? If so, which would you think I should aim for? CU only pulls TU, so would have the triple pull. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you tried for an unsecured Cap One card? They are pretty easy.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call customer sevice and find out. I seem to recall three is possible if one is secured, but I don't know for certain. I know you can have two unsecured cards.

Message 4 of 6
Pway
Valued Contributor

You could try and app for one for one of thier off brand cards like the Sony Card.  Although they are going to be a tripple pull. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The GM Buypower card I understand is a single pull on EQ

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.