Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good will letter - please comment

tag
lisac
Regular Contributor

good will letter - please comment

I have one collection due to fall off 9/08.  And 4 30's late on my time share 4/06, 3/05, 4/05, 5/05.  I recently had a problem, where the time share showed i was behind on my payments, which i wasn't.  it took 4 phone calls, but we found out that my payments were applied to the wrong account again.  Brenda is my new fiancial services rep, the old one wouldn't work with you to save your life.  Brenda was very friendly and helpful.  so i thought i would try this with her. what do you think? 

Brenda XXXX

XXXXXX

PO Box 1XXXX

XXXXXl, XX XXXXX

Dear Brenda

I would like to thank you for your personal assistance to straighten out our recent payment problem, where our maintenance fees were applied to our loan payment by mistake.  Your patience with me, is very much appreciated.  I know I can get a “little” carried away these days.  Especially, when it comes to owing money.  My son is starting at XXXX State this summer.  And although my husband and I both work, money is still a bit tight.  Like most people, we just weren’t able to put enough money away to pay for college, XXX and I are now applying for education loans.  Unfortunately, I have been turned down by my own bank, XXXXXX Bank.  Their reason was that I have “slow pay” or 30 days late on my credit report.  The only company reporting any lates is XXXXXX. 

If you look at your records you will see that these late payments show around the same time of the year , April.  There is one in 2006 and three in 2005.  I do remember having the same problem before, with our maintenance fees being misapplied.  I can’t help but wonder is this is the reason for the payments listed as late.  Don’t get me wrong, I am not blaming anyone for this.  It is very possible that I did not list the correct wording on my payments to specify where the payments should go.  But I was wondering if there was any way that I could plead for your good will, to have these removed from our credit reports with all 3 agencies  You might see that we have made the payments each month, but unfortunately have not been able to afford to use this service for some time.

If it helps to reassure, anyone of our commitment to pay this loan on time, I will be very happy to set up automatic payments, either through our checking account or a credit card.

Thank you again for your assistance in resolving our previous problem.  And any help you may be able to give us in clearing up the previous late payments.

Sinceley,

XXXXX

Account #XXXXXXXXXX

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: good will letter - please comment

nice! good luck!
Message 2 of 8
lisac
Regular Contributor

thanks sidewinder. 
Message 3 of 8
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

nice job! I love how you added you commitement to doing the online payments!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 4 of 8
lisac
Regular Contributor

thanks, jesse, i planned on setting up the auto pay any way but they don't know that.
Message 5 of 8
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

I can’t help but wonder is this is the reason for the payments listed as late. 
If it helps to reassure, anyone of our commitment to pay this loan on time

Im a bit of a grammar dork and I didn't want you to send it out with an error.  You don't need that comma.  Also you forgot the r in Sincerely.  Great letter though, you're really creative and I'm sorry if this makes me sound like a witch with a capital B

Message Edited by grneydangl on 04-28-2008 10:24 AM

Message Edited by grneydangl on 04-28-2008 10:26 AM

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a grammer thing too..   You said:

I know I can get a “little” carried away these days.  Especially, when it comes to owing money.  My son is starting at XXXX State this summer.  And although my husband and I both work, money is still a bit tight.

I don't think that needs to be 4 sentences. Try this:

I know I can get a "little" carried away these days especially when it comes to owing money. My son is starting at XXX State this summer and, although my husband and I both work, money is still a bit tight.

Good luck.
Message 7 of 8
lisac
Regular Contributor

thank you very much. thats why i work with numbers.  can't spell or us proper grammer. lol
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.