Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

goodwill letter to remove inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

goodwill letter to remove inquiries?

Anyone ever had success asking OC to remove credit inquiries? Any sample letters for this?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: goodwill letter to remove inquiries?

Bump
Message 2 of 8
HUCARD2004
New Visitor

Yes BUMP

Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No.

If they had a permissible purpose, why would they invest resources in deletion of accurate reporting that is really of minor significance?

I see no benefit to them....

Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd be afraid that they'd misread it or see it as a challenge to the inquiry as opposed to a special GW request. I'd be afraid of them deleting and/or closing the TL entirely, which has happened in the past when the inquiries were disputed. It's not uncommon for creditors to see the GW as a dispute too.

It's been mentioned, but inquiry damage is way overrated. You really don't see any damage beyond the first 2-3 per report. They only impact your FICO scores for the first 12 months and FICO ignores them beyond one year. Lenders ignore them after 3-6-12 months (YMMV obviously). At one point I had over 30 reporting each on EQ and EX and never had any issues with approvals (except one or two picky ones). Any you really only feel their impact when your scores are higher and you've been app-free. And also FICO ignores all but one within a given time frame for all mortage and all auto inquiries.

Message 5 of 8
stilettos_and_spitup
New Contributor

I applied for a car loan last year and didn't get the rate I wanted,  so I decided to wait until my score was better to reapply.  I did it again this year and got the car.  I didn't find out until afterwards the car dealership was blasting it out to like 10 different places each time to try and get the best rate.  So I have like 15 inquiries.  I only signed the one application, can I dispute the other inquiries or should I use this bump technique?  If bumping is best, what's the best way to pull it a lot myself (for free or cheap)?  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks!

Starting Score : 498 - 04/01/11
My FICO : 573 - 09/04/11
My FICO : 639 - 11/23/11
My FICO : 663 - 01/04/12
My FICO : 748 - 03/15/12
THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!
Message 6 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@stilettos_and_spitup wrote:

I applied for a car loan last year and didn't get the rate I wanted,  so I decided to wait until my score was better to reapply.  I did it again this year and got the car.  I didn't find out until afterwards the car dealership was blasting it out to like 10 different places each time to try and get the best rate.  So I have like 15 inquiries.  I only signed the one application, can I dispute the other inquiries or should I use this bump technique?  If bumping is best, what's the best way to pull it a lot myself (for free or cheap)?  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@stilettos_and_spitup wrote:

Unfortunately, discussing the bumpage of inquiries violates our Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines, Terms of Service, and User Guidelines that prohibit the promotion of certain types of credit repair.

It's customary for the dealer to pull multiples of times when you apply directly with them. They are rate shopping to get you the best deal. Because of this practice, FICO ignores 14 of those 15 inquiries so as long as the inquiries were within a 14-30-45 day period. There is no impact whatsoever per your score. Also future lenders will likely ignore it to if they see that you applied for a car. If looking to avoid multiple pulls in the future, don't apply at the dealer and apply directly with a bank or CU instead.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.