Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

goodwill warning-- capital one

tag
kmr49
New Visitor

goodwill warning-- capital one

Hi All--

I have been trying to get Capital One to goodwill two lates from 2011. I e-mailed last week, Richard Fairbank direct, and began my e-mail by assuring them that I was not disputing and that I did accept that the lates were my fault.

They called me today, and I began my explaination with the admittance that I accepted the lates as my own fault but would like to ask if they would remove the lates from my tradeline since I have been a good customer since.

The representative said no, and then said that since I had gotten in contact with him, they would be sending this as a dispute to the bureaus.

I told him that I began my email and our phone conversation admitting fault and didn't understand why it would be reported as a dispute. He backed off and said since I just admitted fault (though I already had...) that he wouldn't report the dispute. Just wanted to let people know, since it seemed like they had really planned on reporting it. I've heard this was possible elsewhere on the boards, just wanted to share my story!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: goodwill warning-- capital one

@kmr49 wrote:

Hi All--

I have been trying to get Capital One to goodwill two lates from 2011. I e-mailed last week, Richard Fairbank direct, and began my e-mail by assuring them that I was not disputing and that I did accept that the lates were my fault.

They called me today, and I began my explaination with the admittance that I accepted the lates as my own fault but would like to ask if they would remove the lates from my tradeline since I have been a good customer since.

The representative said no, and then said that since I had gotten in contact with him, they would be sending this as a dispute to the bureaus.

I told him that I began my email and our phone conversation admitting fault and didn't understand why it would be reported as a dispute. He backed off and said since I just admitted fault (though I already had...) that he wouldn't report the dispute. Just wanted to let people know, since it seemed like they had really planned on reporting it. I've heard this was possible elsewhere on the boards, just wanted to share my story!

This is standard faire with Cap-1, there just would be noted in the report "customer disputes account", you can have them removed by writing to the CRAs or calling to get them nixed if they were to actually follow thru with it. They only need to be gone for a mortgage app.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.