Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got my first collection account ;(. Need some advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

got my first collection account ;(. Need some advice

Unbeknowst to me, a company has been trying to bill me since september. It is now in collection. I have no problems paying this bill, but what are my options of having this removed (if this is at all possible?)

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: got my first collection account ;(. Need some advice

Was there an issue with the amount of the bill? I would send out a DV via certified mail. If they are able to provide solid evidence that it belongs to you and the amount is correct, I would negotiate for a PFD.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the account is beyond SOL or you can PIF, then I would DV and PFD, as advised.

You could also call the OC and ask if they could remove the account from collections and allow you to PIF. If so, then pay the OC and then DV the CA.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same boat, My sprint bill was sent to colletions then it scrued my credit score.

Any how I paid it around january of this year. Credit report was also updated as paid.

but still its hurting my credit score. How do I remove the collection item from my report?

I am very new to this forum. what is DV?

Thanks 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, Maybe not the smartest thing to do, but I wanted to deal with it as quickly as possible. The bill was definately mine, and I called them up and just paid it. Over the phone, they said no way will we remove it alltogether, so I'll just start sending them goodwill letters.

Wish me luck...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.