Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handling last collection from early 2006

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

handling last collection from early 2006

I need some suggestions on how to handle this last CA. Its a small amount from a util bill for 196.00.  Its due to fall off my reports may of next year. I would like to handle this as soon as possible cause I have 2 secured cards that I would like to request an account review come nov and I dont want this on my reports. A few weeks ago I was going to send them a DV cause they havent reported since 2008 and it disappeared from my experian report and still remained on the other 2. However now its listed again on experian this time the CA updated the last reporting date on all 3 to this month. I want this gone and they were one of the first i called over the phone and i spoke to 2 reps who refused a pfd offer insisting they will never do it.  What would be the best way to approach a pfd offer without "spooking them"?  Ive had great success with medical collections just paying them and getting them deleted via gw but those were new accounts and I keep reading over and over in this forum how paying an old CA off will reduce your score cause the updated balance will reflect a new collection. I dont want this to happen as Im chasing 680's eq fico score by nov.

This last collection is driving me crazy I just want it gone. Any suggestions? thanks

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

Re: handling last collection from early 2006

Did experian send you a letter stating the trade line being re inserted?
Message 2 of 6
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

No they did not. It was def gone when I checked my report about a week and a half ago. Maybe it wasnt being reported while the CA was updating info?  I never noticed it gone from tu or eq. I dont know how long it was gone though. I checked my ex report 2 mos ago and it was there. as mentioned I checked it about a week and a half ago and it was gone.

Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 3 of 6
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

If experian removed the tradeline after a dispute. They must notify you that the tradeline will be re-inserted. I'm order for creditor to re-inert, they must got through a verification process.
Message 4 of 6
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

Gw's after settlement/paid seems to growing in popularity in this forum. PFD's is a form of GW but most calls are recorded and employees must play by rules.
Message 5 of 6
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@bodybuilder510 wrote:
If experian removed the tradeline after a dispute. They must notify you that the tradeline will be re-inserted. I'm order for creditor to re-inert, they must got through a verification process.

i never disputed the tradeline. it was simply gone for about 2 days then reappeared

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.