Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hard inquiry from 24 ACESS??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

hard inquiry from 24 ACESS??

I pulled an EX report yesterday and noticed a new hard pull from 24 Acess(CA)from 07/05/12. I searched the boards here and am still not clear if this is allowed or not.  Can a collection agency do a hard pull without my permission?? This could be any one of a few past-SOL TLs that are just a month or two from falling off my reports. I only had three total baddies, two of which have just vanished a few months early from EQ but not EX yet and not sure about TU yet. My guess is that this company may have purchased a debt from whoever, but can they do a hard pull like that??? What, if anything, can I do about it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: hard inquiry from 24 ACESS??

Any company who has an account on you has pemissible purpose to pull your credit, and it could result in a hard pull..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@rckstrscott wrote:

Any company who has an account on you has pemissible purpose to pull your credit, and it could result in a hard pull..

-scott

+1.   This includes both original creditors as well as collection agencies.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks guys. so we are just to assume they bought an old debt?

Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks guys. so we are just to assume they bought an old debt?

Yes, that would be my guess, and I would expect a call and/or dunning letter from them sometime soon.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.