cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has anyone had legit success with a repair company?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

has anyone had legit success with a repair company?

I know, I know - they don't do anything you can't do for yourself, but the reality is I'm slammed with work and two young kids and everything else.   I'm curious if it is worth looking into.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: has anyone had legit success with a repair company?

Hi,

I did this once - but it cost me $70 per month. Decided to cancel after six months. Did get a tl removed, but it took months. Decided to put that money that I would have spent on credit repair fees and pay down some bills instead and clean it up myself.

You gain an education by cleaning up yourself - truly valuable, IMO.

Hope this helps.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

as Re: has anyone had legit success with a repair company?

tombking,

I would suggest you run as fast as you can away from these people.  They are bottom feeders.  As, Daisy has stated what they can do you can do for yourself.   In my profession, I encounter several people a month who have been taken advantage of by Credit Repair Co. 

But to each his own if you decide to use one please read the CREDIT REPAIR ORGANIZATIONS ACT. 

Message 3 of 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: as Re: has anyone had legit success with a repair company?

Just something to think about - if they're charging you by the month to deal with things on your credit report on your behalf, what's their incentive to do it in a timely manner?  Or ever finish, for that matter?

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.