Established Member
danie86

have you ever done a SETTLEMENT pfd??

Has anyone ever successfully done a settlement offer pfd? Like for instance your debt is $1000 and you offer a settled amount of $500 to delete the account? Advice on this? ALSO.... I have two debts with one CA, if I was to attempt a PFD for each debt should I submit one letter and just include an offer for both or send two seperate letters?
Starting: 570
Current: TU Fico 616
Goal: 700+
Frequent Contributor
golo

Re: have you ever done a SETTLEMENT pfd??

If it's out of the SOL you might have some leverage,the worst that can happen is that they say no,you won't know till you try.

Read and read...and then....read some more....

Starting Score: 603 myfico EQ,648 myfico TU april 2012
Current Score: 608 myfico EQ
Goal Score: 660 myfico EQ july 2012??

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor
Familywantsahouse

Re: have you ever done a SETTLEMENT pfd??

In Feb I started with 9 CA. NONE of them were settled for the full amount owed....that being said ALL of our debt was old, from 06 at the latest. I think that's one of the reasons I got "settlement" PFD's. They were all settled for between 25% and 75& of the balance.

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}