Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help....advice....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help....advice....

Hi...My current FICO scores are trans 641...equ 654...just pulled 8/7/2010

I am interested in purchasing a home for 135,00...my salary $110,000...i have 2 small CC both paid on time every month!!  i have recently been rejected for walmart cc...and another cc (after much consideration Smiley Happy  lol!!!

my thoughts were to get more cc to boost my score some...is this good idea?  any idea who would approve me?  i have orchard bank and hsbc (hooters) currently

will i get approved for mortgage with these scores?

thank you in advance for all your help....

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: help....advice....

Howzit!!!!!!

Any bad stuff on your reports? What are they? How old?

What are the "reporting" credit limits and balances of your CCs?

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply....I hope this helps ...let me know if you need anything else  Smiley Happy

Bad: 6 accounts with payment after charge off collections all from 2003-2004

vol. repo-charge off bad debt (7,300) 2004

river bank- charge off bad debt 2005

CC: hooters  current bal 609...limit 950...perfect pay history...opened june 2008

hsbc    current bal 0...limit 200  opened april 2008 ...perfect pay history

Message 3 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Your FICO scores aren't that bad. That said, I would fix your credit before applying for anything else.

I would send GW letters for any baddie that is paid, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

GW Letter

If you can, I would pay down your Hooters card to about 1% of its credit limit, and keep your HSBC card reporting a $0 balance.

As for the vol. repo, I'm sure its having some impact on your scores, but nothing major because its 6 years old. Has there been any collection activity on this CO? Have you been threatened with a lawsuit?

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi perryshe,

Include in your info the BK you mention in your other thread.  It will help folks give you the most helpful advice, here, as well.

Quote from perryshe:

Brief history - prior to my BK, I had good credit history.  My BK discharged 8-2-10.  I currently keep good standing with my car note, 2 cc, and student loans.

Score - equifax 600

My thoughts on improving the score, get credit cards with the idea of using and paying...is this the best way to improve my scores?

Any ideas on what credit card companies I should apply to? or any other ideas on boosting the score?

thank you

There's lots of folks who have rebuilt after BK.   Fused has some great advice for you, and others will follow suit. 

And keep reading posts in the BK and mortgage forums - lots of us have been in your shoes!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great!!!!!!!!!!! i will send those letters Smiley Happy  fingers are crossed!!!

no one has contacted me in the last 1-2 yrs for the repo and no lawsuits that i can remember!!!

will pay down  balance as well....can that be in one lump sum or better with multiple payments?

thanx again....looking forward to being on the good side of the credit world Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thank you...my spouse and i used same email for these posts....

Message 7 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Great!!!!!!!!!!! i will send those letters Smiley Happy  fingers are crossed!!!

no one has contacted me in the last 1-2 yrs for the repo and no lawsuits that i can remember!!!

will pay down  balance as well....can that be in one lump sum or better with multiple payments?

thanx again....looking forward to being on the good side of the credit world Smiley Happy

Hold on now!!!!!Smiley Happy

You have a BK?? Are all of these baddies marked IIBK (included in BK)?

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

noooooooooooooooooooo!!! sorry for confusion...2 people posting from same email...my spouse has BK (solo)

Message 9 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

noooooooooooooooooooo!!! sorry for confusion...2 people posting from same email...my spouse has BK (solo)

Ok! The advice I gave would only apply to the spouse without the BK. I have virtually no experience with BKs. My experience involves the following:

lates (GWs)

COs (GWs and PFDs)

collections (GWs and PFDs)

med collections (using HIPAA, and VERY rarely PFDs and GWs)

paying down debt (especially revolving debt)

fine tuning FICO scores (self explanatory)

not being a slave to banks and other creditor (changing my way of living and never expecting the banks and creditors to do the same)

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.