Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help fixing credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help fixing credit

So I seem to have one severely delinquent account from six years two months ago, and one account in ca that's hurting my credit how do I fix these?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: help fixing credit

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first account is a revolving credit from capital one, and the other is Cox cable but it only went into collection in 2011, tho it's prob owed from 2008.
Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Is the account from Cap 1 paid?  If not you could offer them a settlement for a deletion from your CR.  Even if they don't delete, paying it will stop it from counting in your utilization.

The new collection is hurting you.  You can send the CA a DV letter.  If they respond offer a PFD.

Message 4 of 7
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

What's your credit card utilization like now? 

Getting it as low as you can (ideally 9% or lower) will be a quick fix to your scores as you absorb the great information here and figure out how to work on the negatives on your reports. 

Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok and if I do that and pay it, the ca will be taken off my account? Also, would it be wise to try to get a store credit card? I currently have no open credit cards and haven't in about seven years. My main goal is to buy a house and so I want to increase my credit score as fast as possible
Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the CA accepts a Pay for delete, yes, the collection will be removed.

If you can get a CC, even a secured one, it will help.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.