Anonymous
Not applicable

help me raise my score!!!!

myFico score

EQ: 696

TU: 649

EX: 644

EQ:

i have several late payments from CAP 1 back in 2001/2002. 2 30days, 1 60, 1 90, 1 120, 1 150.  Remarks: paid for less than balance, last reported 9/2/12.

-will a goodwill letter to cap 1 help to get those late payments deleted? 

TU/EX:

1 30 days back in March 2010 from Comenity Bank/Express. 

2 closed Paid medical collections.  1 is supposed to come off end of this year/one on next year.

is the 30 days late from comenity bank a big hit on my score?  i have a goodwill letter written ready to send out to comenity bank.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help me raise my score!!!!

EQ:

i have several late payments from CAP 1 back in 2001/2002. 2 30days, 1 60, 1 90, 1 120, 1 150.  Remarks: paid for less than balance, last reported 9/2/12.

-will a goodwill letter to cap 1 help to get those late payments deleted? 

It certainly won't hurt to try, the worst they can say is no. Per the many GW success stories here, it often takes 8+ GW attempts before they are willing to remove late charges. You can try searching the forums to see other people's GW experiences with Cap 1 to gauge GW effectivness and difficulty.

TU/EX:

1 30 days back in March 2010 from Comenity Bank/Express. 

2 closed Paid medical collections.  1 is supposed to come off end of this year/one on next year.

is the 30 days late from comenity bank a big hit on my score?  i have a goodwill letter written ready to send out to comenity bank. 

Any lates will impact your score, 30 days or more. As a rule of thumb, I've heard that payment history makes up a good 25-30% of your credit score. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.