Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help!! mortgage in jeopard

tag
Goodness
Regular Contributor

help!! mortgage in jeopard

I have been pre-approved for a mortgage loan, woke up this morning with alert from EQ and EX to new collection from Frost Arnett for a paid medical bill. The last payment to original Dr office was today that was set up on automatic payment today, that cleared. So it's 0 balance. The agency says I owe $100 After going back to OC asking why a collection agency is trying to collect on paid account. Was told have nothing to do with agency after it was sent to them, but you accepted all 3 payments. Now the agency says they can't do anything even if was paid in full to OC except put paid in full, no removal. Never received any information from them, all I was told they sent out 3 statements not true only received from OC. With them not removing my scores will stay with the 16 and 22 point lose on Fico 8 but more on mortage scores. Can anyone advise me, I have worked so hard to get to this point, now may lose chance of home ownership.
EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: help!! mortgage in jeopard

@Goodness wrote:
I have been pre-approved for a mortgage loan, woke up this morning with alert from EQ and EX to new collection from Frost Arnett for a paid medical bill. The last payment to original Dr office was today that was set up on automatic payment today, that cleared. So it's 0 balance. The agency says I owe $100 After going back to OC asking why a collection agency is trying to collect on paid account. Was told have nothing to do with agency after it was sent to them, but you accepted all 3 payments. Now the agency says they can't do anything even if was paid in full to OC except put paid in full, no removal. Never received any information from them, all I was told they sent out 3 statements not true only received from OC. With them not removing my scores will stay with the 16 and 22 point lose on Fico 8 but more on mortage scores. Can anyone advise me, I have worked so hard to get to this point, now may lose chance of home ownership.

I suggest you contact the CEO of the company you were paying and appeal to him/her for goodwill in removing the collection entry.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.