cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help please

tag
jjga

help please

I am rebuilding to buy a home I have a lease purchase on.  I checked my credit and have an old tmobile account in collections.  It said diversified consultants had it so I called them.  However, I was told by them it was sold to plaza recovery.  They said there is NO WAY they can delete what is on my credit report because they no longer have the collection.  Should I call Plaza and try to settle?  Will it do any good if it won't come off my credit?  Will this hurt me getting my home loan.  Please help!  I am rebuidling after a dismissed chapter 13 from last year.  Everything else on my credit is good from the point of the dismissal forward, however I don't need something like this on my credit.  Can you please off any advice?  Thank you

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: help please

If Diversified is still on your CR and they sold the debt, they were supposed to delete the TL.

For this, I would dispute with the CRAs.

Plaza is not reporting correct? 

They would have nothing to do with the other CAs TL.

Message 2 of 10
jjga

Yes that is correct that plaza isn't reporting.  However, I got a settlement offer letter from them for $500.  I want to ask them for pay for delete.  Will they likely do that?  So it's illegal for diversified to still be on my report?  Do I just dispute it or how do i prove it?  I am new to this so any help is appricated.  Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Send Diversified a DV letter versus disputing first.  If that doesn't remove it I would dispute with the CRAs.

You are reporting an alleged debt on my credit report, account _____.  Please validate per FDCPA 809.  Also include the name and address of the original creditor.

Type your name, do not sign, and send it certified mail return receipt.

I'm am not sure about Plaza.  You could do a search on the forums (search function is above) and enter their name and see what you can find.  They may ask for the full amount for a deletion.

Message 4 of 10
jjga

Thank you 

Message 5 of 10
rd2rebuilding
Valued Member

@guiness56 wrote:

Send Diversified a DV letter versus disputing first.  If that doesn't remove it I would dispute with the CRAs.

You are reporting an alleged debt on my credit report, account _____.  Please validate per FDCPA 809.  Also include the name and address of the original creditor.

Type your name, do not sign, and send it certified mail return receipt.

I'm am not sure about Plaza.  You could do a search on the forums (search function is above) and enter their name and see what you can find.  They may ask for the full amount for a deletion.

Wouldn't ask for a PFD with Plaza since it isn't reporting... ask that they not report upon payment. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax lien release. I have the form 668(z) Certificate of Release of Federal Tax Lien sent to me but the credit agency still have the tax lien showing on my credit reports. How can I get this off my credit report

Message 7 of 10
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

Why not sign on a DV?

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Send a copy of the release with a dispute letter, should remove it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 10
cobbson
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Tax lien release. I have the form 668(z) Certificate of Release of Federal Tax Lien sent to me but the credit agency still have the tax lien showing on my credit reports. How can I get this off my credit report

You have to go through the procedure to obtain an IRS lien WITHDRAWAL. This will remove all records of the lien from your credit reports, as if in never happened. Search the internet for "IRS Lien Withdrawal" for how to do it.

It's a do-it-yourselfer.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.