Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help understanding basic credit fundamentals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help understanding basic credit fundamentals

Another post..so soon...I just couldn't resist!!

First of all, I am reading posts in these forums and there are soo many abbreviations!! Where can I find a "cheat sheet" so I have an easier time deciphering what is being said??

Secondly, I understand that negative information can report on your credit file for up to 7.5 years!

If i want to verify the time for my state, where should I look?? Also, in order to make sure pesky accounts dont show longer than they have to, what should I look for in my credit report? How can I calculate the exact date that these negatives should drop off?

If its a situation where negative accounts report longer than they should, how should i rectify the situation with the credit bureas?? do i need to contact the collections agencies to let them know they are reporting an account that is expired?? If the information is reported differently by each of the credit bureas, do i have to contact each individually??

Also, I had a repair done on my car last year by Les Schwab Tires and needless to say it was a huge ordeal...they disassembled my car and didnt have the correct part/therefore kept my car for over a week in their shop...it was a mess!! I refused to pay full price for the repair..ofcourse they argued and I was like..you had better contact me when you have a better solution! The original cost of the repair was no more than $300..but I never heard from them!!

Now im kind of in a frenzy..worried they are going to take this to collections!!

If so, can I request a debt validation if it is turned over to a collection agency?? could i dispute the bill and ultimatley win?? If neither of these options are the appropriate, do you have any additional advice??

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.