Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help understanding my crrdit repair journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help understanding my crrdit repair journey

Hi guys, 

I've been lurking on here and researching for quite some time So I would consider myself at least a little educated on the topic.

My current situation:

Revolvers:

cap one 1 cc: $220 bal, $3k limit 

Cap one 2 cc: $0B, $2750L

Amazon store card: $0B, $1500L

Exxon Gas Card: I use $300/mo and pay off in full every month so shows $0B, $800L

Installment:

VW Credit: $14560B, $16895 original amount 

Student Loans - $63k in deferment as I'm still in school

Inquiries: 11, only 1 is < 1yr, 7 are from the same day when I was car loan shopping in 11/13.

AAoA = 4.2yrs

Oldest = 9.8yrs

I've been disputing items with the 3 bureau's and have gotten a lot of negative items removed along with paying down my debt to the above, fico is now a 694.

One of my student loans a navient account is screwing me as it's showing 2 90 day lates. The most recent was 3/09 and before that was in 08 some time. Both erroneous in my book because I signed up for 1yr forebearances each time of the lates occured however they only have me 6mo, then when I called in to update my school info they said I was past due and I had to tell them I'm in forebearance yada yada. Long story short they back dated my forebearance so I didn't owe any late fees or payments but the lates stuck on my report.

So my questions:

1. June this year will make all of my inquiries > 1yr old. Should I see a small increase since I won't have any "New" inquiries on my report.

2.The Navient account with the "lates" the one from 08 will drop off in August, will that raise my score? Or do I have to wait until 4/16 when both of the lates will fall off of my history For the whole account to report never late vs 1 late vs 2 lates?

3. Lastly, are there any other recommendations to better my score other than what I'm currently doing?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help understanding my crrdit repair journey

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys, 

I've been lurking on here and researching for quite some time So I would consider myself at least a little educated on the topic.

My current situation:

Revolvers:

cap one 1 cc: $220 bal, $3k limit 

Cap one 2 cc: $0B, $2750L

Amazon store card: $0B, $1500L

Exxon Gas Card: I use $300/mo and pay off in full every month so shows $0B, $800L

Installment:

VW Credit: $14560B, $16895 original amount 

Student Loans - $63k in deferment as I'm still in school

Inquiries: 11, only 1 is < 1yr, 7 are from the same day when I was car loan shopping in 11/13.

AAoA = 4.2yrs

Oldest = 9.8yrs

I've been disputing items with the 3 bureau's and have gotten a lot of negative items removed along with paying down my debt to the above, fico is now a 694.

One of my student loans a navient account is screwing me as it's showing 2 90 day lates. The most recent was 3/09 and before that was in 08 some time. Both erroneous in my book because I signed up for 1yr forebearances each time of the lates occured however they only have me 6mo, then when I called in to update my school info they said I was past due and I had to tell them I'm in forebearance yada yada. Long story short they back dated my forebearance so I didn't owe any late fees or payments but the lates stuck on my report.

So my questions:

1. June this year will make all of my inquiries > 1yr old. Should I see a small increase since I won't have any "New" inquiries on my report. Not likely. One inquiry is almost certainly not going to effect scoring one way of the other. If you had five 'non grouped' inquiries dropping it might have an effect, but not one.

2.The Navient account with the "lates" the one from 08 will drop off in August, will that raise my score? Or do I have to wait until 4/16 when both of the lates will fall off of my history For the whole account to report never late vs 1 late vs 2 lates? 90's are major derogs - you will probably see some score juice from it. You'll get the big bump when the last derog falls off.

3. Lastly, are there any other recommendations to better my score other than what I'm currently doing? Wouldn't hurt to establish one or two more revolving accounts. You'll get an initial drop for new credit but it will rebound.

Thanks in advance

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.