Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 33
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: help !! what to do with this?

Faith, in the future, I recommend posting on 1-3 different TLs, rather than all of them at once. Many see this and are a little overwhelmed.

I skimmed through this thread pretty quickly. It is all laid out well by others. If your SOL has expired or you have the $$$ to PIF, then I recommend sending DVs to all the CAs. If they verify, then offer PFDs for the balance owed (or offer a settlement).

For all OC accts, tread carefully. If any account is younger than your AAoA, then offer a PFD if reporting a balance. If they accept then it is a done deal and it will be removed. If older than your AAoA, then be careful. Removing old accounts will result in lost history and will hurt your score. If older, then modify a PFD to have them remove any lates, CO reference, etc.

If there are any $0 balance CAs, then send them a GW to ask for removal. If there are any $0 OCs, then GW them to ask for the removal of any lates, settlement reference if any, CO reference, etc.

For any medical, follow the HIPAA process.

For more info, I'd suggest reading:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

and What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

Message Edited by llecs on 03-02-2009 11:53 PM
Message 32 of 33
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Re: help !! what to do with this?

I don't know if you'll be able to get a house, but this is what I'd do:

* Action to Take

1- I'd PIF cause age is probably helping. But If you want off-Call these OC's and determine if they still own account. If they do pay in full then GW for removal of neg. info, if not find out who the CA is and go to action #5-except modify to pay for not reporting

2- If this has been sold to CA they both cannot report balances. Probably has been charged off if so, must report $0 balance.

3- As stated above I believe this has been Charged off and sold to this CA. DV then try for PFD if they validate.

4- See if Verizon will take payment in full for all three for delete. If not pay before sold to CA, then GW for delete.

5- DV then PFD

6- Contact OC's see if they still own or sold accounts. If OC's own see if they will take back from CA's if you pay them in full. If not owned anymore DV Ca's then PFD

7- Go the HIPPA route with these

8- You could send GW for removal, but is due to fall off soon anyhow

9-PIF

You may get sued as these seem to be well within SOL, but you say you can PIF so you should be ok. This just the route I would take. I'd probably hold off on the house though.

Message Edited by ralbusta on 03-02-2009 11:54 PM
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.