Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with experian dispute

tag
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

help with experian dispute

I disputed an item on my experian report.  it shows "C" for feb and march for collection, however it was paid in january.  I disputed that the item was paid and it came back updated  from experian , however nothing has changed.  What is my next step?

thanks guys

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

Re: help with experian dispute

forgot to mention i have a paid in full letter from the CA.  should i just re-dispute and send a copy of the letter?

Message 2 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Paid or unpaid it will be listed as collection "Paid in full, or settled" etc. I would send a GW to get it removed if possible. Could see a nice bump in score as well Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

im not at the stage for GW's yet. its reporting as NOT paid when its clearly paid.  I disputed and it came back "updated"  yet its still showing as unpaid collection.  

Message 4 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Call experian and get a fax number to send the letter to them or call the CA and have them update the TL.

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If it was paid they can report it as a collection for the next months because that is what it was.  What they cannot do is report lates after it was paid.  I would give them until the end of March to udpate. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.