cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with figuring this charge off out please.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help with figuring this charge off out please.

So, I'm looking over my credit report on CK and I see this charge off but in the remark section it says "no missed payments" maybe I'm a little slow today but how is it a charge off if I never missed a payment, contradicting from the way I'm looking at it. Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: help with figuring this charge off out please.

I would presume that comment was generated due to the absence of any reported monthly delinquencies.

It is, of course, not technically correct, but may be referencing only what is seen from a credit reporting perspective.

A creditor is not required to report each monthly delinquency.  The requirment is that what they report cannot knowingly be inaccurate.

Somre prefer to wait until delinquencies become major before reporting, while others dont report any monthly delinquencies, and begin their reportng if/when they do a charge off.

It appears to have become delinquent sometime in 2012.

They appear to still own the debt, and not yet referred to a debt collector.

With a balance still due of only $128 (plus possible accrual of interest that might apply), have you considered paying to avoid any further damage by reporting of a collection?

Is it still within the SOL for your state?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help with figuring this charge off out please.

The account is in NC and I'm in Ga now  so I haven't checked the SOL.  Its on $128 so I'm just going to pay it and try to get a PFD agreement before I pay it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.