Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with my report....!!!

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

help with my report....!!!

Ok

I had a BK in 2005......chap 7 ...all my accounts are still on my report..I know that they wil be there for 10 years along with the BK...I have some other baddies with a few numbers for account numbers but the rest xxx out....no contact info for them....what is the process to start to contact the company to try and get them removed??

They say Collection (645ycXXXXXX) all the x's there  2 of these...

I also have a  Installment loan appearing on my report TU says High balance account status is closed,comments show BK but loan was paid off by myself......stumped...

Sorry new to this process...

Any help would be great.....

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: help with my report....!!!

Get your credit reports from annualcreditreport.com to get the full account numbers. Free once a year, otherwise you have to pay for them.

The accounts will only stay on for SEVEN years from the date of each individual first delinquency, so they should start falling off bit by bit, individual to each date, not 7 years from the date your Bk discharged.  If your Bk was CH 7 then that stays in the public record section 10 years.

The account that says IIB that isn't, is incorrect.  You can dispute it directly through that OC to correct it.  You could dispute it through the CRA's but they're dumb and you get better service if you go directly through the OC - you do run the risk that they delete the entire tradeline, however.

Good Luck!!

(We did a BK filed in2005 and nearly all of the accounts have fallen off.  Just a few stragglers, and they'll be gone by 2/2012 or so.)..........Oh Wait , you filed in2005, also.  You definitely need to get your full reports so you can figure out the DOFD's and get most, if not all, of these accounts OFF YOUR REPORTS by disputing "too long" (as long as they are...remember, 7 years plus 6 months......IDK why the 6 months but that's what they say around here........)

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.