Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high credit score with derogatory items

tag
RebelSon
Contributor

high credit score with derogatory items

I have a friend whos credit scores are 730, 701, 710 and he has about 10 derogatory accounts. Collections, BK, and chargeoffs... How is that possible?

He also has 7 accounts in good standing open at least 1 year and pretty good CL's.... is that why?

Will his score top 800 if those 10 items drop soon?

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: 750
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: high credit score with derogatory items

@RebelSon wrote:

I have a friend whos credit scores are 730, 701, 710 and he has about 10 derogatory accounts. Collections, BK, and chargeoffs... How is that possible?

He also has 7 accounts in good standing open at least 1 year and pretty good CL's.... is that why?

Will his score top 800 if those 10 items drop soon?

Hi there.

Those might not be FICO scores. Do you know where he got them? If it's part of a 3 in 1 monitoring service then there is no doubt they are non-FICO (FAKO) scores.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/myfico-products.

So you need to found out more about his "scores".

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 4
RebelSon
Contributor

He got his EX FICO through Credit Union of New Jersey

His TU and EQ here at the website.....

i just found out all his negative listings are at least 5 years old, and all ZERO balances so maybe thats why...

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: 750
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

The impact of any negative item lessens with age and if he is keeping his utilization under control I can see how he can have 700 scores.

If you'll do a search here onsite for BK threads there are other folks who have surprisingly decent scores post BK and with other negatives.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.