Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

highest achieved credit score with baddies remaining

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: highest achieved credit score with baddies remaining

Thanks all. This forum has been so encouraging.
Message 11 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@redbeard wrote:

I don't think slow pays that are 5-7 years old will hold you down much.  Some, yes, of course, but they diminish in impact pretty significantly at the 2 year (and I assume again at the 4 year) point. 30-60 day lates typically the biggest impact is the first 2 years, they may cost a few points all the way to CRTP. 90 days and over and you are looking at an impact the entire time they remain on file.

Of course, the problem with credit scores is it is a soup recipe with everything thrown in.  It's hard to know sometimes what impact each component has, and it varies depending on the rest of things.  For instance, it seems to me that above 700, utilization plays a much bigger role then it does at 600.  So do inquiries, credit mix and pretty much everything.  

I would definitely try some good will letters.  Just ask them to delete payment history over 4 years old.  Leave the account, just delete old payment history.  I've had some success with that (not a lot and mostly by accident) and it had little to no impact on my scores, but did make the report look better Smiley Happy  This is why I don't think these older slow pays are the issue.

Dan

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I kinda figured that to be the case. All those 90's could be costing me 60 points even if they were all ready to disappear next week. From the feedback though it sounds like 750 may be possible in the next 6 to 12 months if I play my cards right. That's what I am kinda trying to gage here. How high can a person go while still in that nasty major derog bucket? While the derogs will only go away with time and/or goodwill, I want to know that when potential lenders pull my credit file that they will see that while I may have had issues in the past, I have taken serious steps to correct the problems and represent a fairly good risk. Hopefully my scores will soon reflect that.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do it!  Trust me -- if I can, you can.  One pitfall...you'll be addicted to MyFico Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're do you think my scores will cap at? I have one unpaid collection a co from jcp and two paid judgements. Ex 647 tu 644 eq 629 

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading this thread is so encouraging. Thank you all for sharing. I have two that won't go away for awhile unless the dispute is approved. I'm going to try my best to improve my score. Smiley Very Happy Thank you all! 

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ 734 Ex 728 TU 719

With a judgement, 6 yr old CA, 5 YR old CA, and a 4 yr old CA.
Message 17 of 23
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

669 right now but its still going up.  1 satisfied judgement, 3 unpaid judgements.  2 medical collections. 20+ inquries Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got about 4 accounts in collections that are due to fall off in about 11-13 months and my score is in the 650 area. That's with about 10 open cards atm and no loans whatsoever.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great topic, OP!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.