Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hippa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

hippa

I am new to this forum and am wondering about the hippa rule and letter to get medical bills removed from cr .can i please get instructions on how to do this

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: hippa

They keep it rather simple and straight to the point. 3 basic steps. 

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, Google for "HIPAA Process" for more info. These forums don't support this info and posting of the letters aren't allowed on here. 

Mod-hat aside, I've read HIPAA over and over and over again due to being a health plan admin at one point. Frankly I never connected the letters available out there on the web with the HIPAA process. They seemed to contort the law to fit it to their own needs, even if legally incorrect. However, there are some success stories out there. CAs and the CRAs weren't up-to-date on HIPAA regs and many of them caved at the sight of a HIPAA letter via the HIPAA process. Lately though there seems to be some posts claiming that the process isn't working for them. It seems it's increasing difficult to find success as of late. IMO, the HIPAA process is a tool in the tool bag, but I prefer to DV then PFD to get the same result...less risky too. The HIPAA process begins with paying the OC off and if the HIPAA process doesn't work, then all you have is a paid CA which doesn't help any.

Message 4 of 6
coreyromero35

hi! i am just signing on here to try and clean up my cr myself. but not sure how to go about doing it. if you can help me i sure would apreciate it. are anyone that can help me get started. thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

I am new to this forum and am wondering about the hippa rule and letter to get medical bills removed from cr .can i please get instructions on how to do this

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned in the prev. post, these forums don't allow in-depth discussions on the HIPAA process. Definitely google for more info.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.