Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hospital can't find my account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

hospital can't find my account

Hi there,

I have 2 medical bills from 2004. If paid, they fall off in 2009. I paid off two smaller ones before reading this forum, but directly to the CA. There's one remaining for $1678 and another for $1650, and I'd rather see the money go directly to the hospital. So I called the hospital business office, and asked them if I could pay them directly. The woman said she couldn't find the accounts, they are on another system because they are so old, and I would have to pay the collection agency. She couldn't even see the amount owed.

Should I ask the CA to validate this debt? I have the pre-HIPAA letter ready to go.

Thanks again!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Re: hospital can't find my account

Do not pre-hippa the CA!  Pre-hippa the CRA CMRRR
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@southernficoaddict wrote:
Do not pre-hippa the CA!  Pre-hippa the CRA CMRRR

Right, that was my plan, but that doesn't work if you aren't willing or able to PIF, so I wanted to know what the OC had on file in the meantime. The person in the business office said they can't tell what the current balance is, and even if I pay them, they'd cash it and turn around and pay the CA. Don't you think that means it might be hard for the CRA to get records from the CA? If I can't get records from the OC, how can they?
Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Can you pay these med collections in full?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be able to by the time the 35 days after the first HIPAA letter are past!

Does the first HIPAA letter actually ever result in deletions?
Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

likewise wrote:
I will be able to by the time the 35 days after the first HIPAA letter are past!

Does the first HIPAA letter actually ever result in deletions?

Yes, but no guarantee. Lately, we have had a good number of members posting deletions just
after writing the pre-HIPPA dispute letter.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.