Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hospital will not pull back collection from CA

tag
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

hospital will not pull back collection from CA

What would you do in this case.... two medical collections (I discussed one briefly yesterday in another post) with the same hospital. Both are assigned to the same CA. Only one shows on my EQ credit report - showed up last night - the $415 one.

The CA refuses a PFD - not just mine, but everyones. The hospital refuses to pull them back and tells me I can either pay them or the CA and my credit reports will reflect "paid".

One is for 251.83 from 4/10/08 - no payments made by me.

The other is for 415.15 from 7/27/09 - no payments made by me.

The amounts are the remaining after insurance has paid.

Because paying them will do nothing for my score - should I use the money that I would spend on these to work on the other remaining collections who might be more willing to PFD?

Also, what is your opion on this law code for my state - I take it to mean that if I make a payment, it will reset SOL.

SECTION 15-3-120. Effect of new promises in writing or part payments.

No acknowledgment or promise shall be sufficient evidence of a new or continuing contract whereby to take the case out of the operation of this chapter unless it be contained in some writing signed by the party to be charged thereby.  But payment of any part of principal or interest is equivalent to a promise in writing.

SECTION 15-3-130. Suits on causes saved from bar of statute by part payment or written acknowledgment.

All actions upon causes of action which would be barred by the statute of limitations but for part payment or a written acknowledgment shall be brought on the original cause of action and the part payment or written acknowledgment shall be evidence to prevent the bar of the statute of limitations.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: hospital will not pull back collection from CA

Yes, any payment will restart the SOL.

But if it is paid in full there will be no SOL to restart.  The debt would be paid.

I would work on others that may do a PFD first.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.