New Visitor
mangowendy2000

how do i get rid of credit inquiries?

help... im trying to get an fha loan. my average credit score last month was 585. well when the morgage lender ran it the score was alot lower 533! yet the information on the paperwork is the same. i joined a credit consolidation about 2 1/2 years ago. i successfully paid off my old debts but it didnt help raise my scores as the company stated it would! my 3 credit reports state... settled for less than full,previous late payments. help what can i do quickly to jump start my score?
Frequent Contributor
cw81

Re: how do i get rid of credit inquiries?

[ Edited ]
Welcome to the boards.

Are you trying to get rid of inquiries of your report ? If they are legitimate inquiries that will be difficult and not a good thing. Credit consolidation in a lot of cases leaves your credit damaged. From what I gather you are trying to increase your score so you can qualify for your loan. It appears your have some COs on your report. If that is what you are trying to get rid of you will have to contact the OCs and GW them away.

It will help if you list your baddies as they are on your actual credit report from the CRAs and folks can help you by suggesting best course of action. I hope that helps.

Message Edited by cw81 on 08-28-2008 05:40 PM
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

mangowendy2000 wrote:
help... im trying to get an fha loan. my average credit score last month was 585. well when the morgage lender ran it the score was alot lower 533! yet the information on the paperwork is the same. i joined a credit consolidation about 2 1/2 years ago. i successfully paid off my old debts but it didnt help raise my scores as the company stated it would! my 3 credit reports state... settled for less than full,previous late payments. help what can i do quickly to jump start my score?

Start by pulling all 3 reports from here. You'd want to be certain about your scores before applying for a mortgage.

On any lates, for paid or settled accounts, you'd want to send each GW letters. You also want to send GWs to any paid collection agency.

The next quickest way to increase your scores is to bring down your utilization. Pay down each CC you have open now to under 10%.

Finally, you'd want to get your hands dirty and tackle any unpaid or unsettled OCs or CAs. Follow the advice on these forums and the folks here will take good care of you.
Moderator Emeritus

To answer the question in the message subject.....if they are legit, the only way to get rid of them would be waiting for 2 years from date of the inquiry. They only count in score for 1 year, are removed after 2.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+